GTA Aquarium Forums banner

Discus Pics and Where Purchased?

13K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  dragon1974 
#1 ·
I was just wondering where everyone has gotten their discus? I really would like to know what's out there. Pics would be great too to see everyone's babies!

#5 ·
Bob at upper Canada discus is still around. I was up at his place a few weekends ago picking up a tank. He is more of a breeder then and importer now of days. My discus come from Discus Hans out of Maryland. I have some that I might be willing to part with. Let me know what you are looking for. I have some brilliant turquoise, red pigeons and some snake skin pigeons that I might part with. If your interested send me a pm and we can talk. If you rather buy from Hans. Let me know too I can send you his numbers .

Cheers

#6 ·
I've emailed Bob and he has never replied to me... kinda disappointed.

Andlaw: I'd be interested in your discus, I'd love to see them. I am now looking for specific 'looks' in my last fish that will top off my stock.

#7 ·
These are my discus. I got the two albino ones years ago from Markham. The orange one I got several month back from this breeder/importer on Broadview street downtown Toronto. He has some really nice discus and sells for as low as 20 bucks for juveniles. Let me know if you are interested I can look up his info for ya.

Here's a video of my discus.

Attachments

#9 ·
I contacted Brian. Unfortunately he's not really looking to piece them out. I can't buy his lot. I actually have to follow up with him again today, he had someone come out and look at them last night apparently. I did inquire regarding his available stock.

#13 ·
I hope to have some pics before the new year for you guys. I need to buy a DSLR to attempt to capture pictures that don't look like rorschach tests. Thanks for all who shared!

#22 ·
Hey guys,

Thanks for kind words!
Loonie: I bought 2 of the Heckels from Golden Ocean in Markham, Johnny has some nice discus! I actually got lucky with 1 of the other ones and picked it up at KWAS Auction this fall, needed treatment, but I was able to save her because she was in rough shape.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.