GTA Aquarium Forums banner

Advanced Reef Aquatics

8K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  tom g 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Every time I've been there I've gotten great service and accurate information. Flavio has some of the best products and they are definitely quality. His livestock are amazing as well as being vary healthy. I would definitely go and visit his store again.

#5 ·
Agreed. Flavio is very down to earth and approachable. The store is bright and spacious with in-house capability of customizing your system from DT to Sump/Refugium. On my last visit (2 weeks ago) - there were some ridiculously puffy Scolys and other LPS.

#8 ·
Flavio has helped my tank through thick and thin; his knowledge and attitude are far better than other reef stores in the Halton region.

He's not pushy nor will try to sell you something you don't need. He only carries products he uses and trusts and a great place to find high end equipment at low end prices. He also gets all of the vertex refurbs (skimmers, moceans, Puratek RODI units) and sells then at unbelievable prices.

I've been a customer since he opened when he was only 30% marine and called Milton aquarium (do to demand in the area the store is now 100% marine stock however he still does carry FW dry goods items).

The store is getting better everyday, he just completed a tank upgrade last month for new stock and he is currently cycling an SPS display tank to house colonies and frags.

Fish are always healthy and as are the corals.

Great shop and highly recommended.

#11 ·
True!
He's got a great deal right now on some zoanthid rocks. I've seen most LFS sell these for $80 (sometimes more) and he's got them for $40. Great for filler or to add a dash of colour.

Polyps rande in colour from green, red, orange, yellow etc and in varying combintions (skirt/body etc.)

I grabbed a few of them and two of three had mini plate or brain corals growing off them.

>jason

#12 ·
Flav's pricing is not bad at all. I will only buy my dry goods from him because I trust him and has the best customer service. Flav is an awesome down to earth guy and really easy to get along with. I only live around the block but its worth the drive

#16 ·
Everything, I mean EVERYTHING I have bought from Flavio Has Lived and Grows like crazy. The fish and corals.

If anyone is looking for Angels, Hes brought it some crazy fish the last time i was their.

#17 ·
Flavio is by far the most down to earth owner of an aquarium store I have had the pleasure of dealing with. He truly cares about the livestock and equipment he sells to his customers. It is hard to find a local fish shop you can trust. This is one of them. They are far and few between.

I just purchased a complete 90 gallon reef set up from him. His pricing blows all competitors away. Trust me I saved hundreds on this set up going through flavio.

A true professional.

#19 ·
just ordered a skimmer off him last week. Hes a great guy to deal with, but like any store shopping around can save you some money. Hes got a killer coral selection, but his fish are a bit limited. I have a preference for each store, when it comes to ARA, i like them for coral and some hardware.

great guys to deal with though, always friendly and usually pretty quick with replies on price requests and such. He beat the deal i was getting on a skimmer by $45 over another store.

#20 ·
recent visit ...

hey there dropped in today and was really impressed with the store .one of the cleanest marine stores i have seem ,clean tanks clean and organized .
also met Flavio and had a great conversation and some helpful advice .will deff make some trips out there again .thumbs up wish u were closer Flavio
cheers
tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.