GTA Aquarium Forums banner

Pleco ID & sexing

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Hitch 
#1 ·
Bought it at Big Al's as 'bushynose pleco" but I'm not sure if that's the case with this one. Can someone tell me what kind of pleco this is and it's gender? Thanks!!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Great, I think I'm in the same predicament. The LFS marketed it as a albino bushy-nose, very tiny when I got them, they are only about 3/4 or an inch now, no bushy nose but they too are starting to turn that brown colour in a few spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Hi iRonBalls,

I did some snooping around after reading your post but, holy smokes these L numbers are a never ending rabbit hole! At first I thought it looked like a chocolate, but then maybe a cross of some sort.

I do hope you get confirmation-I'll be following this thread.

Enjoy your new fish!!

J

#8 ·
This is a calico colour morph of the common BN. Its pretty common to see calicos with a also complete deep brown colouration with a red undertone.

As for gender, judging from the size comparison to other structures in the picture, this little guy is too small for a clear sexing. You will have a better (and obvious) idea of gender when it reaches about 2.5" SL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.