GTA Aquarium Forums banner

Discus Club

11K views 57 replies 24 participants last post by  nightowl1350 
#1 ·
Why not those interested in GTA form a Discus Club. There are many Discus club around the globe in many cities. This is just a suggestion to those keen in keeping n breeding discus. We can have discussion about discus and also do group buys. Yes I know, a meeting place is always a problem, for a start why not meet at Tim Hortons or a public library, start small and hope it grows.

#9 ·
discus

im game............

#10 ·
im in.................................

#16 ·
Thanks for clarifying loonie :D

I was in a small informal fish club once and it was a great experience. Ideally someone with a house, the space and nearby parking avail would offer to host the meets. If more space needed later schools and churches have cost effective rooms available.

#17 ·
I always find it difficult to partake in clubs due to the fact that my schedule is all over the place and there are rarely any clubs within close proximity to where I live. I will always contribute to the online chats about the likes of discus, so hopefully you will all share your info with the rest of us. Good luck with this!

#18 ·
Any suggestions for the club's name? How about
Ontario Discus Club "ODC". Most of us become OCD while keeping Discus :D.

Any one up for a discus meeting in January/February 2013? It will be a good place for all of us to meet each other and share our knowledge and passion for discus.

#22 ·
Meetings can rotate between East/West/North/Central to encourage participation and attendance. I'm located in Markham and already knows several amateur breeders in North York, Markham, and New Market. I have no problem being involved in the logistics and organization of the club.

Personally I've had confirmed pairs of PB and MR, turqs, LSS. I know people with RC, Albinos, Leopards, and BD pairs. With the amount of discus sold in the GTA I've always wondered where are all the enthusiasts. I'm really looking forward to getting to know more fellow discus lovers. Also it is proven that locally bred discus are MUCH better than ones sold in LFS.

Joshua

#24 ·
Being in a group will help with group buy as well from US and other reputable sellers. The quality and selection in Toronto is just SOOO horrible. Many owners at LFS will admit its just not worth the cost to import good fish; and you can't blame them because they're running a business after all. I always drool over the selection they have in the US just browsing through SimplyDiscus.com.

#26 ·

Here's my wife and my tank. Recently added 4 bush nose L183 ( I think 183, spotted with white dots and striped white tail fin)

We're 4 hours from you guys, though. May I suggest asking an admin here to give you your own section on the forum?
-B

EDIT: that's a really old picture haha. I'll update that later.

Sent from my Xperia X10 using Tapatalk 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.