It,s been awhile hasn,t it? - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > GTA AQUARIA > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Introductions & Greetings New to GTA Aquaria? Introduce yourself and get to know other GTAA'ers here.

Old 05-26-2019, 07:00 AM   #1
Hamish

Feedback Score: (1)
Hamish is on a distinguished road
Default It,s been awhile hasn,t it?

It,s been 4 or 5 years,. I checked out of society as most of you know it.
Thats what happens when you lose a job and then the divorce, the house gone, 2 dogs, beauty back yard and that 120 dream tank, coast to coast external overflow, MH, super clean glass, Coral, Coral and more corals.

Thats what hapoens when your life crashes never mind the tank.

I,d like to say i,m back but i,ve been back for a year and have had a ton of trouble signing on to this board, who do i complain to. By the way what happened to AP? Not that i care terribly, i don,t mind not being kicked off because i sneezed in AJs Cornflakes, did i say flake? Too funny.

I can,t believe how this hobby has taken off, wow, i bought a garage full of equipment from a fellow in Mississauga about a year ago that had, had enough and really scored, pumps, skimmer, tanks, equipment up the wazoo, O and never believe them when they say, hell no i never used the RO/DI unit, it,s fresh, bullshit!!!

Anyway i,m back and have a 75 that i dropped when setting up a year ago, cracked one end of the tank, i sandwiched two pains of glass together to fix it and it worked, no leaks but looks like hell, it,s a future Turtle tank.

I said that and my partner said hey lets get a Turtle and you know how we love to please our ladies Lol

The new tank has been sitting in storage for 6 months, 125 long, i will be setting it up in the next month and am excited. I built the stand out of wood but really i could of had a steel stand for the time and money i,ve put into it,

I have all the equipment saved up, new 9000 Jabeo return pump and powerheads, a retro T5HO/LED combo 6 ft fixture to be picked up next week. It,s going to be nice taking the 150 lbs of Live Rock out of the 75 and putting it in the 125.

I,m going to run two skimmers, return pump in the middle compartment in the sump, a skimmer on either end a Fuge in there as well, why go to a bigger skimmer when i,ve got two in the cupboard.

My Powder Brn will be happy, he needs more swimming room, hey i can get the Fox Face and sixline wrasse, gonna be sweet.

Maybe i should start a build thread? Or na never mind, seems like a lot of work.

When i think of all the guys who i,ve met over the years of being in this hobby, i have to think or wonder how many checked out and are never going to return.

My first tank was in 2005, a 55 not drilled so Tom drilled on the floor right by the door at ORG, thats Oakville Reef Gallery, not around anymore but definitley one of the best Reef stores out there. Tom and Flavio were great, i learned so much from them.

Remember the Reef Raft? Do they still sell to the public? So much has changes, the biggest for me is Frags. Who ever started this Phenom?

I havent had much luck with Frags, i always thought i,d get to SPS dominated tank one day but it won,t happen if i can,t master these Lps and softies with ease.

Well i,d like to say it,s nice to be back, i don,t live in the gta but that,s what vehicles are for, i,m retired now, setting up a new, double overflow Reef Ready 125 in a few weeks and hoping the Reef gods can shine my way.

I have to get down to Dundas st and check out the new places,

Take care all, Happy Reefing

160 lbs Rock, 3 inches Argonite, Big Fuge with Cheato and Rock,

Frogspawn, Torch, Grn and Blk Flor, Brain, Leathers, Cabbage Coral, Crotea Clam, Zoas, Mushrooms, Gsp,

Foxface, Purple Tang, Leapard Wrasse, Engineer Goby, 2x B&W Clowns, 10 Turbos, 10 Nazz. Emerald Crab, Blood Shrimp, 2x Pepperments,
Hamish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2019, 09:27 AM   #2
cica
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (37)
cica is on a distinguished road

Welcome back. I'm glad you could stand up back after that crash in your life.
Yes, a lot has changed in the hobby and also on this forum.
Good luck with your new build.
Old 05-27-2019, 06:00 AM   #3
Hamish

Thank you, i am looking forward to the new tank. You know when my life changed that fate full year of 2008, i thought this is nice, permanent lay off from this whole in the wall job, sure the money was great but the shifts and the A holes you worked with were terrible, it,ll be a nice break.

Little did i know of the manufactoring decline of 08, i couldn,t find a job, noway, for a year i lost hope, lost myself and every one who believed in me.

I moved around from one temp job to another, one community to another, i lived in 14 different towns in 9 years and i was so depressed, reaching out to whom ever helped. I was a mess.

Then i finally got a driving job and i couldn,t drive, my right leg had been messed up due to nerve damage so i applied for CPP disability and 4 years later got it, met a super nice lady her kids drive me up the wall but i feel blessed.

I got back into Reefing, she loves the hobby as well, we had a 65 then a 75 and moving up to a 125, its been a blast this year, you learn a lot about your self, your friends and your family when you just can,t take it anymore.

One old friend changed my life and i will be ever appreciative, my family suck well most of them, me i,ve learned hard lessons, i,m quieter now, i,m always thinking, thinking about where i,ve been and where i,m going, my Dad passed away a few months ago and i think of all the time wasted, all the emotion. I,m glad i,m back and i,m happy. It just took me 10 years to get through it. Have a good week and happier times ahead.

Frogspawn, Torch, Grn and Blk Flor, Brain, Leathers, Cabbage Coral, Crotea Clam, Zoas, Mushrooms, Gsp,

Foxface, Purple Tang, Leapard Wrasse, Engineer Goby, 2x B&W Clowns, 10 Turbos, 10 Nazz. Emerald Crab, Blood Shrimp, 2x Pepperments,

Old 06-14-2019, 09:25 PM   #4
Hamish

Please close this thread, thank you