pet peeve............ - Page 2 - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > GTA AQUARIA > Site Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Site Feedback Comments, Questions or Concerns related to GTA Aquaria? Heck, even leave suggestions on how we can improve.

Old 06-23-2019, 01:41 PM   #11
Abner
I drink my fishwater!!

Feedback Score: (9)
Abner is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom g View Post
opening up some old threads here .
So that certain people can read them and be reminded?
I don't even give advice on this forum or any forum for that matter because I don't think I know enough to tell anyone what they should be doing. I just want to run my tank and get the most joy out of it. I however will not allow anyone to belittle or berate me like a child especially if in real life they would probably be afraid of me. Sometimes it's not what you say but how you say it. All of you guys read the threads and should speak up when someone is out of line. I know I'm mature enough to take direction and acknowledge of I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Old 06-23-2019, 03:58 PM   #12
tom g
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (80)
tom g has much to be proud of tom g has much to be proud of
Send a message via Yahoo to tom g
Default Thread bashing

Agreed as above .. but any advice how important or not important feel free to have imput
Thread bashing is my pet peeve on for sale or help threads ...

hippo tang , yellow tang, 1 damsel ,flame hawk (favorite ),watchman goby ,harlequin star fish (hides boring ) bi -color blenny,cleaner wrasse , bengai cardinal,twin spot goby, mandarin .
sand sifting star fish ,
elusive marine betta(MIA - shows him self periodically -boring )

in progress TBA.....project tranquility ............

90 gallon dual drilled tank with sump
vertex 100-in
2 - evergrow leds ,dual t5 48" aquatic life fixture
tom g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 09:27 PM   #13
Hamish

Feedback Score: (1)
Hamish is on a distinguished road

I agree, help when you can and when you can,t, don,t. Nobody like to be critisized, we ask question because we need help or we would like some one elses opinion, ive taken some flack lately because i trusted the opinions of the community here only to be chastized by some one here, i,m not a newbie, i have been into salt for a long time and somethings still happen and we need help, hell i don,t know everything but collectively we might. At first i said no more question then i blocked him and now i,m ok.

A little thin skinned, sure, i just don,t understand the comments from someone who just wants to be a prick. Happy Reefing every one.

160 lbs Rock, 3 inches Argonite, Big Fuge with Cheato and Rock,

Frogspawn, Torch, Grn and Blk Flor, Brain, Leathers, Cabbage Coral, Crotea Clam, Zoas, Mushrooms, Gsp,

Foxface, Purple Tang, Leapard Wrasse, Engineer Goby, 2x B&W Clowns, 10 Turbos, 10 Nazz. Emerald Crab, Blood Shrimp, 2x Pepperments,
Hamish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-23-2019, 11:17 PM   #14
Abner
I drink my fishwater!!

Feedback Score: (9)
Abner is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
I agree, help when you can and when you can,t, don,t. Nobody like to be critisized, we ask question because we need help or we would like some one elses opinion, ive taken some flack lately because i trusted the opinions of the community here only to be chastized by some one here, i,m not a newbie, i have been into salt for a long time and somethings still happen and we need help, hell i don,t know everything but collectively we might. At first i said no more question then i blocked him and now i,m ok.

A little thin skinned, sure, i just don,t understand the comments from someone who just wants to be a prick. Happy Reefing every one.
Hamish you kinda came off as an asshole though. You came on my thread, about my tank which is doing great I might add, and started off telling me that I don't know what I'm doing and I killed the starfish. You gotta read through before you do that and like my grandmother told me " if you got nothing good to say don't say anything" and sometimes it's not what say you just how you say it. I don't let things bother me but I cant ever let anyone even try to come close to bullying me.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2019, 05:44 PM   #15
clubsoda
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (6)
clubsoda is on a distinguished road

We're all humans we make mistakes. We can try to make amends and move on or there is the block function. Even some fishes can't be mixed with other...
clubsoda is offline   Reply With Quote