GTA Aquarium Forums banner

Buy and sell become toilet for the idiotic comments

7K views 44 replies 18 participants last post by  Zidartha 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
I agree with you Greg and I've recommended it to the Admin however I'm just a Moderator and therefore can't implement this myself or I would.

Unfortunately so many members of this forum don't ask themselves if their post is relevant (or even welcome) to the thread before they post and then far too often that post derails the thread and it goes off in a totally different direction.

I can only suggest that you "Close" your thread right after you post it and only open it when you yourself want to make a comment.
--
Take care...Paul

#4 ·
#7 ·
Throw UP !

Pre www we used 2400 bps modems and it was MAGIC to be able to post on a message board.

Now the NEW generation has no clue what a message board is for and just want to implement SILLY rules !

The point of a Message Board is................

And who is the idiot who came up with the term thread crapping ? In the beginning if you wrote something that was not liked you were termed a spammer then you were a troll now its thread crapping F%%% O$$ !

UNLESS ! A remark is targeted at you ................ GET OVER IT !

IT is JUST a message board.

#8 ·
Pre www we used 2400 bps modems and it was MAGIC to be able to post on a message board.

Now the NEW generation has no clue what a message board is for and just want to implement SILLY rules !

The point of a Message Board is................

And who is the idiot who came up with the term thread crapping ? In the beginning if you wrote something that was not liked you were termed a spammer then you were a troll now its thread crapping F%%% O$$ !

UNLESS ! A remark is targeted at you ................ GET OVER IT !

IT is JUST a message board.
You're missing the point. Nobody cares what you think I should sell my new/used equipment for. The only thing that's important about a "for sale" thread is what I'm selling, for how much and where the item is located. All this to help you decide if you want to contact me via PM to either make an offer or make arrangements to pick the item up.

You have the rest of this forum to post your thoughts.
--
Paul

#9 ·
threadcrapping

A++++

Totally agree with it. Dont need someone else's 2 cents about price.or asking
Dumb questions that don't pertain to the topic.
the only one this Will affect is the the treadcrappers u know who u are.and we all know
who u are .

#10 ·
I don't understand why this is a problem all of a sudden. Maybe it's because I haven't used the ads section in a couple of months, but I think most of the posts in sale threads (aside from bumps) are requests for information that should be widely available. I have rarely seen any discourteous remarks, and I believe those can simply be handled by moderators.

If we go with automatically locking ads so that only the thread creator can post, then what about "wanted" and "for trade" ads? Perhaps VS_Admin can say whether they can programmatically distinguish between a "for sale" and a "wanted" thread. I suspect it's not trivial.

Personally, I'm not a fan of implementing automatic locks instead of using human discretion.

#11 ·
This has become a huge issue in the past several months. And a thread can get out of control before a Mod has a chance to deal with it.

All ads whether for sale or wanted should be replied to via PM or email. That's how Kijiji and Craig's List work and so do a lot of other forums.
--
Paul

#12 ·
idea

Just ban the clown who t hreadcrapps constantly its only a selected
few who do it and ruin it for others. ..

#19 ·
I'm also against locking, but agree that it can be moderated. Communication between buyer and seller is vital. Sure, thigs can be discussed through PMs, but sometime it's better when others can see the response too. Ultimately it's the seller who benefits from all this as his thread gets attention, thread is bumped and things can be sold quicker that one there's an exchange of PMs.
And there's benefit for administrators as well as users spend more time here reading and commenting.

#24 ·
#22 ·
locking

So keep it as it is make the report button bigger and implement locking the offender
from posting...the people who do it are always the same ones

#26 · (Edited)
rediculous

now this is turning stupid ....
by the way the mods are who have kept this site running and deal with the daily bull crap from people who screw things up for others... this forum is pretty awesome and helpful in all ways so trashing others or the mods who waste there time to keep it running cause we are too lazy to volunteer don't want to put the effort forward just goes to show u how disrespectful people are .... I don't know of any other forums where u ask for help and have people who are mods and who are not come to the rescue with what ever your needs are ....

this was posted prior to a comment by someone who was trash talking the mods so if it does not make sense that is why ....

#28 ·
now this is turning stupid ....
this was posted prior to a comment by someone who was trash talking the mods so if it does not make sense that is why ....
So ban the idiots, the trash talkers, spammers and thread crappers. The Mods are volunteers and anyone who disrespects them should be banned and they can go moderate their own forum. And then we wouldn't have to close threads...

#32 ·
I don't believe that is so much trolling... the thread was pretty much open for discussion and of course it like any discussion/debate a lot of comments can easily be taken personally and therefore the conversation got heated a bit.

I believe this one is a good example of what is being discussed on this thread.

http://gtaaquaria.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45512

Post #5

#33 · (Edited)
Yes get rid of the negativity. I dont think anyone is debating that. A lot of people here get annoyed over the most trivial things.

This site is awesome. Ameekplec is doing an awesome job. Sig is doing an awesome job policing (but maybe too strict for an open forum).

But I guess I'm a troll for putting my 2 cents in. I guess I've been put in my place.

#34 · (Edited)
I just do not get it. Probably, I am to old, but for me you miss the point of the sell/buy section

you can discuss what you want in the discussion sections of the forum, but why you should discuss my for sale item in public is above my understanding.

and

when I post "wanted" item, it means I look for the Item form the members and I do not need idiot comment with the link to the store.

When I look for the Item from the store, I will ask in the other section

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

#36 ·
I just do not get it. Probably, I am to old, but for me you miss the point of the sell/buy section

you can discuss what you want in the discussion sections of the forum, but why you should discuss my for sale item in public is above my understanding.

and

when I post "wanted" item, it means I look for the Item form the members and I do not need idiot comment with the link to the store.

When I look for the Item from the store, I will ask in the other section
Well, a lot of people actually appreciate those kinds of comments.

#41 · (Edited)
#45 ·
for sure they could be helpful

here is the example how to be helpful/screw the seller.

post #7

http://www.gtaaquaria.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59697

Originally Posted by alanhk66

check out this guy..
http://www.aquariumpros.ca/pp-classi...nd-sand&cat=47
Awww. Post number Seven is no more... Again, I'm not sure this is a huge problem. They could be simply pointing out something that might be more geographically convenient. I'm not sure the seller was "screwed." It's utilitarian. The forum should do the greatest good for the community as a whole and not necessarily individual sellers.

#39 ·
I agree that unrelated comments are distracting at worst, I don't think banning or locking posts is necessary.

If you're only interested in the ads, don't look at The rest of the comments. If you're annoyed with the comments, help them and the community by send them a pm explaining the way of things.

Reasons not to lock...
Often OP don't include all details, additional request information are useful to others, good references for seller, helpful insight into the value of the sale.

Not everyone has 10 years of experience and not everyone experience in every field. This is the whole point of the forum. Otherwise why not start an elitest club with all kind of restrictions.

Sent from my X720D using Tapatalk

#40 ·
Greg, I agree with your example but in my opinion things like that happen. Maybe the guy thought he was helping (even though he was not doing a great job).

Best would be for either a mod or the OP to send a PM explaining what is wrong with his post.

Not everyone is on the same page all the time. Some may not have the same experience in the field they are posting, some may not have grasped the forum etiquette or they cannot express themselves clearly in English (even you said a few time that English is not your primary language and you may have made mistakes in your posts).

A little help or understanding goes a long way. If that person continues to disregard the hints, further actions can be taken.

#44 ·
That definitely warrants an infraction.

OP should report something like that. Sending people to other places in someone else's sales thread is clearly out of line. But the OP has to take action. Just use the report button.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
for sure they could be helpful

here is the example how to be helpful/screw the seller.

post #7

http://www.gtaaquaria.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59697

Originally Posted by alanhk66

check out this guy..
http://www.aquariumpros.ca/pp-classi...nd-sand&cat=47
Anybody can take action - just hit the report button! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.