Michael's Pet Depot - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > GREATER TORONTO AREA MARKETPLACE > General Marketplace Discussion > Store Profiles & Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Store Profiles & Reviews Your favourite stores reviewed by the GTAA community. Please keep all reviews constructive and inline with forum rules!

Old 05-22-2011, 08:57 PM   #1
Ciddian

Feedback Score: (33)
Ciddian has a brilliant future Ciddian has a brilliant future Ciddian has a brilliant future
Default Michael's Pet Depot

Michael's Pet Depot
10520 Yonge Street
Richmond Hill, Ontario
L4C 3C7 Canada
Tel: 289-475-5315
Fax: 289-475-5316
Email: [email protected]

Quote:
Our store is an all around pet store which sells live animals including small animals, fish, reptiles, and cats and dogs. We just opened up recently and increasing our stocks. We carry a great selection of fish products and are looking to exapnd our existing selection of freshwater fish.
Have you been by recently? How was your visit? Please be as detailed as possible.

Where is your calimari? ~_^

Ciddian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2011, 05:15 AM   #2
JohnyBGood

Feedback Score: (2)
JohnyBGood is on a distinguished road

Supplies are not cheap ($99.99 for a Rena Air 400), but hopefully they'll come down a bit as the 20% off vouchers go away (although there is no stated expiry on the coupons, so I could be wrong).

Fish (baby angels, jelly bean parrot, jewel cichlids, etc.) all seem to be from classifieds (recognized them from Thornhill/Richmond Hill/Markham ads). I even saw their Wanted ad on classifieds asking for fish from local breeders. At first I found this to be unethical because most local breeders breed siblings, but then I changed my mind. At least the fish arrive at the store less stressed and who's to say that large-scale breeders don't in-breed to keep turn-over high for retailers?
JohnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #3
Riceburner
Want a pic?

Feedback Score: (44)
Riceburner is just really nice

didn't even know that was there....gonna check it out.
Riceburner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-03-2011, 11:06 PM   #4
Riceburner
Want a pic?

Feedback Score: (44)
Riceburner is just really nice

***edit***

Not much there in the way of fish. 12 tanks with a small mix. I might have more water volume and numbers than they have. Definitely cater to the more terrestrial pets right now. Though if they are just starting out will need time to stock up. Besides, fish may not be as lucrative as other pets.

Spoke to them today....just opened about a month ago and getting established. Depending on how things progress they may double their tanks. They are still getting in livestock of all types. One of the guys in there is a fish guy sot hat's a plus.

Last edited by Riceburner; 06-04-2011 at 12:51 PM..
Riceburner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
michael's pet depot , pet shop , store