Advanced Reef Aquatics - Page 2 - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > GREATER TORONTO AREA MARKETPLACE > General Marketplace Discussion > Store Profiles & Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Store Profiles & Reviews Your favourite stores reviewed by the GTAA community. Please keep all reviews constructive and inline with forum rules!

Old 09-28-2012, 09:45 AM   #11
jkoot
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (8)
jkoot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromey View Post
Ive always gotten Fair prices, But i find his corals to be a little bit cheaper then other stores.
True!
He's got a great deal right now on some zoanthid rocks. I've seen most LFS sell these for $80 (sometimes more) and he's got them for $40. Great for filler or to add a dash of colour.

Polyps rande in colour from green, red, orange, yellow etc and in varying combintions (skirt/body etc.)

I grabbed a few of them and two of three had mini plate or brain corals growing off them.

>jason
jkoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #12
KG20
Banned

Feedback Score: (3)
KG20 is on a distinguished road

Flav's pricing is not bad at all. I will only buy my dry goods from him because I trust him and has the best customer service. Flav is an awesome down to earth guy and really easy to get along with. I only live around the block but its worth the drive
KG20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #13
reefkid96

Feedback Score: (1)
reefkid96 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG20 View Post
Flav's pricing is not bad at all. I will only buy my dry goods from him because I trust him and has the best customer service. Flav is an awesome down to earth guy and really easy to get along with. I only live around the block but its worth the drive
kg20 if you don't mind me asking why do you not usually purchase livestock from him? and where do you buy your livestock and why?
sorry about the noob questions.
reefkid96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2012, 09:51 PM   #14
jkoot
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (8)
jkoot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefkid96 View Post
kg20 if you don't mind me asking why do you not usually purchase livestock from him? and where do you buy your livestock and why?
I think you misunderstood kg20.

I love Flav's livestock and for those paying attention, he has a recent shipment of fish in that are gorgeous

>jason
jkoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #15
KG20
Banned

Feedback Score: (3)
KG20 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefkid96 View Post

Oh I do buy livestock from him. Both coral and fish. I just find ppl shop around to find the lowest price for dry goods. I don't question flav's price at all because I'm getting grrat service. A true value all in itself. I have worked in a fish store and know true cost on livestock and dry goods because I have done the orders. All in all advanced reef aquatics gets an A++ in my books.
KG20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #16
Chromey
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (25)
Chromey is on a distinguished road

Everything, I mean EVERYTHING I have bought from Flavio Has Lived and Grows like crazy. The fish and corals.

If anyone is looking for Angels, Hes brought it some crazy fish the last time i was their.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #17
kies1

Feedback Score: (0)
kies1 is on a distinguished road

Flavio is by far the most down to earth owner of an aquarium store I have had the pleasure of dealing with. He truly cares about the livestock and equipment he sells to his customers. It is hard to find a local fish shop you can trust. This is one of them. They are far and few between.

I just purchased a complete 90 gallon reef set up from him. His pricing blows all competitors away. Trust me I saved hundreds on this set up going through flavio.

A true professional.
kies1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:58 AM   #18
BIGSHOW
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (17)
BIGSHOW has a spectacular aura about

What else can I say about Flavio that hasn't already been said?

Stand up guy, fair pricing and HONEST!!!!! ...the last being the most important to me.

I have dealt with him for sometime now and he will continue to be my go to guy for everything related in the Salt water hobby.

A+++++++++
BIGSHOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #19
CRJ
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (7)
CRJ is on a distinguished road

just ordered a skimmer off him last week. Hes a great guy to deal with, but like any store shopping around can save you some money. Hes got a killer coral selection, but his fish are a bit limited. I have a preference for each store, when it comes to ARA, i like them for coral and some hardware.

great guys to deal with though, always friendly and usually pretty quick with replies on price requests and such. He beat the deal i was getting on a skimmer by $45 over another store.
CRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:36 PM   #20
tom g
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (80)
tom g has much to be proud of tom g has much to be proud of
Send a message via Yahoo to tom g
Default recent visit ...

hey there dropped in today and was really impressed with the store .one of the cleanest marine stores i have seem ,clean tanks clean and organized .
also met Flavio and had a great conversation and some helpful advice .will deff make some trips out there again .thumbs up wish u were closer Flavio
cheers
tom

hippo tang , yellow tang, 1 damsel ,flame hawk (favorite ),watchman goby ,harlequin star fish (hides boring ) bi -color blenny,cleaner wrasse , bengai cardinal,twin spot goby, mandarin .
sand sifting star fish ,
elusive marine betta(MIA - shows him self periodically -boring )

in progress TBA.....project tranquility ............

90 gallon dual drilled tank with sump
vertex 100-in
2 - evergrow leds ,dual t5 48" aquatic life fixture
tom g is offline   Reply With Quote