PetSmart - Page 3 - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > GREATER TORONTO AREA MARKETPLACE > General Marketplace Discussion > Store Profiles & Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Store Profiles & Reviews Your favourite stores reviewed by the GTAA community. Please keep all reviews constructive and inline with forum rules!

Old 12-26-2013, 08:50 PM   #21
DiveMedMD

Feedback Score: (0)
DiveMedMD is an unknown quantity at this point

resurrecting a dead thread here

I'm in Nanaimo right now but picked up two Fluval FX6's today for $174 each. Insane deals at PetSmart. Supposed to be going for 4 days. If you need one drop by a PetSmart in Ontario and see if they have them. Happy shopping
DiveMedMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #22
RCode
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (5)
RCode is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought the Fluval 406 today for $124.99, great deal. I thought it was a 1 day deal only, but I can see them keeping it for a couple days longer. They had 1 FX6 left in Newmarket that I saw, and a bunch of 206/306. I took what looked like the last 406.
RCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 04:06 AM   #23
DiveMedMD

DiveMedMD is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCode View Post
I bought the Fluval 406 today for $124.99, great deal. I thought it was a 1 day deal only, but I can see them keeping it for a couple days longer. They had 1 FX6 left in Newmarket that I saw, and a bunch of 206/306. I took what looked like the last 406.
Yep, every Fluval can is on sale 50% off. Awesome boxing week deal
DiveMedMD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2014, 02:21 PM   #24
Neon

Feedback Score: (7)
Neon has a little shameless behaviour in the past

*NEW*
PetSmart Guelph
183 Silvercreek Pkwy N, Guelph, ON N1H 7P7
Phone: 519-767-0417
Hours: Friday 9:00 am – 9:00 pm

Nice clean store but a limited selection of freshwater fish - mostly the "standard" varieties.
Neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:52 PM   #25
monk21
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (-1)
monk21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Petsmart has all fish "buy 2 get the third free". Ends tomorrow. Pretty nice deal especially if you are looking at those (usually) expensive cichlids
monk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:32 PM   #26
Carlito
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (30)
Carlito is on a distinguished road

Over the last 10 years, I have bought more fish, decor and accessories at Petsmart than any other lfs because the prices are usually better...they don't have the selection like Big Al's, but for what they do stock, Petsmart is usually cheaper

Power filters and cartridges on sale....cheaper than anywhere I've seen
http://www.petsmart.ca/search?Search...B+Power+Filter

Never thought of buying plants at Petsmart, but I did and the prices are not bad. Not all locations have plants, so call first..
http://www.petsmart.com/gsi/webstore...CatalogName=36

Years ago, Petsmart used to have large aquariums for their live stock, but right now, most locations have small tanks and that's a shame. Overall I like the stores and the staff are usually friendly and helpful.

What I don't like about Petsmart is the fact that there are too many dogs in there (I love dogs and had dogs in the past) and the problem is usually not the dogs, but the owners. What do I mean? I'll give 1 of many examples...A few weeks ago, I was trying to pay for my purchase using interac and I was interrupted because this ladies 2 dogs leashes were wrapped around my ankles and I almost fell over and she never even apologized to me...like I was in the way or something.

Overall I give Petsmart 8 out of 10
Carlito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 02:11 PM   #27
Fishamon

Fishamon is on a distinguished road

The petsmart at Eglington and Sutherland Drive has great selection of cichlids but they treat their fish awfully.. There's ALWAYS dead fish floating around, and trapped under rocks. I got really sad when I saw a dead convict cichlids and everything was just eating it.. Other than the poor maintenance the options are okay.

Fishamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 01:36 PM   #28
twobytwo
Sh!t Disturber

Feedback Score: (17)
twobytwo is on a distinguished road

Petsmart in the US posted their black Friday deals. Apparantly it seems many of the Canadian stoers are price matching. May be worth it to check out:

http://bfads.net/Black-Friday/Pet-Sm...?page=5#viewer

50% off Aquarium ensembles and Marineland filters seems a good deal if anyone needs
twobytwo is offline   Reply With Quote