Indoor Jungle - CLOSED - Page 2 - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > GREATER TORONTO AREA MARKETPLACE > General Marketplace Discussion > Store Profiles & Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Store Profiles & Reviews Your favourite stores reviewed by the GTAA community. Please keep all reviews constructive and inline with forum rules!

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 12:00 AM   #11
AquaNeko
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (9)
AquaNeko has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor.kanshyn View Post
It happens
It's good that they exchanged it to a new one. I bought some equipment in Groom Pet store (see here: https://www.gtaaquaria.com/forum/show...8797#post38797) and there was a stamp on the receipt that said: "No exchange, no refund".

Is it common in Canada to return a dead fish and get a new one?

Dwarf gourami usually not so hardy that ordinary (big) gouramis. Dwarf gourami might got a lot of selection activity
Well a good store will take back the fish and give you a week DOA. IIRC Petsmart Canada has a 14day DOA/return if the fish dies or incompatibility with your other live stock.

You have to ask the DOA/return policy as some places may have a 48hr DOA. IMHO 48hrs (I've not encountered any) is not enough time for the fish to even get used to the new enviroment. Hell that peeves me off on the same level as laptop 24-48hr DOA return policies. I mean you won't know the unit well enough without spending a week with it.

Want to buy:

-Lid for Hagen 5.5gal that uses screw in CFL bulbs. PM me if you have one. (Jan-21-2010, will remove when I've found one)

Too frigging hot!! You heat fans enjoy it while you can. Can't wait till fall and winter. :boiling:

Pirate Party Radio. The offical radio show of the Pirate Party of Canada and Pirate Party of USA.
Quote:
Privacy, Net Neutrality, Copyright Reform, Free Speech, Open Government.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2010, 12:06 AM   #12
AquaNeko
Devoted Member

AquaNeko has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckyser View Post
this is only my own experience.

I bought 5 Dwarf gouramis when the store first opened and one died within two days because it had a large infection on its side. I couldn't see the injury there since the bag was small and there were 5 of the little guys in there. After coming back, and showing the dead body they replaced it with a honey gourami since they were medicating the dwarf gourami stock. What really pissed me off is that the person who caught the the gourami probably saw the injury and gave it to me anyways since it was quite obvious. Then after 4 months the 4 dwarfs and the honey gouramis all died over time. The funny thing is that i bought 4 honey gouramis from big als earlier, which are still alive today. I chose not to post this until now because i felt that it must have been a one time thing and because the store was starting up and i wanted to give them a chance, but over the last few months i have been reading a lot about their neglect. Hopefully IJ will improve the living conditions for their fish so that they live longer than 4 months.
I did not mention this before till now. I had my 4 z.danios in the quantine tank for a month before releasing them into my main tank. Of the four only three survived and made a full recovery and active. The one that died IIRC from what I saw off a website from someone here that posted a link to fish dieseases with actual tank images the one that died had fish tuburculous (sp?) thus the sunken half moon stomach which I thought was just under feed.

Died about just over a week later. I think it was a one off thing but then again it was up front when the store owner was trying to catch another one. So much for that freebie. I'll have to make a few more visits to get a better feel and if they do that again.

Want to buy:

-Lid for Hagen 5.5gal that uses screw in CFL bulbs. PM me if you have one. (Jan-21-2010, will remove when I've found one)

Too frigging hot!! You heat fans enjoy it while you can. Can't wait till fall and winter. :boiling:

Pirate Party Radio. The offical radio show of the Pirate Party of Canada and Pirate Party of USA.
Quote:
Privacy, Net Neutrality, Copyright Reform, Free Speech, Open Government.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:23 PM   #13
PACMAN
I eat white dots of SALT!

Feedback Score: (7)
PACMAN is on a distinguished road

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local.../?hub=CP24Home

More than 700 fish die suddenly at Scarborough pet store
Web Staff, cp24.com

Fish swim around an aquarium at Indoor Jungle, located near Kennedy Road and Ellesmere Avenue.

A Scarborough aquarium store believes it was the target of vandals after at least 700 fish for sale at the store died suddenly on Wednesday.

The owners of Indoor Jungle, an aquarium, fish and reptile store near Kennedy Road and Ellesmere Avenue, say the fish died early Wednesday afternoon.

Between 300 and 400 salt-water fish and 400 fresh-water fish died, as well as 200 pieces of coral.

Navid Azar, one of the store's five owners, says he's sure the culprit is someone with extensive knowledge on fish and the conditions they need to survive.

"I so not have a single doubt in my mind that it's one person who's come in here and is trying to mess with us," he told CP24 on Wednesday night.

Toronto police say they don't have an active investigation but looking for information.

E-Mail Story ShareDEL.ICIO.USDIGGFACEBOOK

Old 03-04-2010, 12:32 PM   #14
papik
Devoted Member

papik is on a distinguished road

ya, i just saw this on cp24.... poor guys... but then again maybe they upset someone alot. *Edited* who knows

Last edited by KnaveTO; 03-04-2010 at 05:01 PM..
Old 03-04-2010, 05:00 PM   #15
KnaveTO

Feedback Score: (16)
KnaveTO will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to KnaveTO Send a message via MSN to KnaveTO

There is a thread to disuss this here. furthermore please keep supposition like that to yourself and do not post such un-substantiated statements.