Incredible Aquarium - Page 2 - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > GREATER TORONTO AREA MARKETPLACE > General Marketplace Discussion > Store Profiles & Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Store Profiles & Reviews Your favourite stores reviewed by the GTAA community. Please keep all reviews constructive and inline with forum rules!

Old 09-11-2015, 06:33 AM   #11
[email protected]

Feedback Score: (5)
Bill@IA is on a distinguished road

At the time of delivery Jacqueline, aka geonut, did not order our installation package as she was undecided on when, where and exactly how she was going to use her new saltwater set up. In the weeks that followed we were sent nasty emails because the overflow box was white and she did not order a white overflow box and we were very nasty people for sneaking a white overflow box into the aquarium and taking her money. We did everything we could to help her understand that it was only a protective cover on the overflow box and were only too happy to return and perform the install once she decided when and where she was going to use her new saltwater equipment, booked and paid for the service. The installation was never booked with us.

… this was the email we received from her a little while later, June 6th.

Hello Bill:

Well, you were right - the white covering on the overflow did peel off.

The person who came to plumb the tank peeled it off for me.

However, I've decided to go with freshwater, so am having the drilled holes
plugge.

So I won't be needing the sump or the plumbing kit.

Would you give me a credit for them, upon the purchase of a 125 gallon tank,
and metal stand ?

Jacqueline

Join us on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/IncredibleAquarium

Last edited by [email protected]; 09-11-2015 at 06:38 AM..
Bill@IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2015, 09:49 AM   #12
Easto

Feedback Score: (0)
Easto is on a distinguished road

I have picked up a few things from Bill. I am SLOWLY piecing together parts to start a SW reef tank.

To be honest I was a bit weary of Bill because there were some negative posts out and about on some forums. AI is local so I went anyways.

Bill, on the two occasions I attended, was very friendly.

I am new to this hobby and Bill answered a lot of questions for me. I was a bit puzzled, Bill was supposed to be something other than nice/friendly, but I found the opposite.

Bill has a ton of really nice stuff at his store and I am sure running a very successful business. In my experience Bill was very accommodating to me and took the time to explain things to me.

Yes, he has some negative reviews out there. However, you have to realize there are probably hundreds of very positive experiences people have had with Bill that they don't type about on the internet.
Easto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:58 AM   #13
arturo
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (0)
arturo can only hope to improve

I always take negative reviews with a grain of salt when the positives outweigh the negatives - in this case it's easy to attribute a bad experience to a difficult person.

I am currently working with Bill to get replacement parts for my ATI fixture and he has been super helpful an absolute pleasure to deal with.

Thanks again!
arturo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2015, 10:24 AM   #14
geonut

Feedback Score: (1)
geonut is on a distinguished road
Default Experience with IA

Bill has posted a nice, cleaned up version of what really happened when he refused to set up/install the saltwater system I bought from him.

My complaint has nothing to do with the white covering on the overflow, but only with the fact that he refused to plumb the tank, with no warning previous to the purchase that this would be the case. And his refusal to plumb it after delivery or to allow me to return the extraneous parts.

Yes, I decided to use the tank as a freshwater system when I had no one to plumb it for me. When you order a complete system along with the sump, drilled tank, plumbing kit, and return pump, and the website says installation can be done, it is not unreasonable to expect that a request for set up will be honored.

The tank was placed in the correct and final location when it was delivered - there was no uncertainty about where it would be set up.

I consider it very unprofessional that Bill has revealed my name on this website, instead of referring to me simply by my log in name.

Even if there were a few difficulties along the way, that is no excuse for this kind of non-service.
geonut is offline   Reply With Quote