What's going on here!!!!!!! - Page 3 - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > GTA AQUARIA > Site Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Site Feedback Comments, Questions or Concerns related to GTA Aquaria? Heck, even leave suggestions on how we can improve.

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 12:15 AM   #21
Kimchi24
Heavy Metal Aquarist

Feedback Score: (36)
Kimchi24 will become famous soon enough

Personally, i have no issues with the buy and sell section. Its how i meet a lot of members here! The sad part is that the other non sale portion of the forum is dead. To be perfectly honest, i havent helped too much because I am not posting as much. I have been posting a lot of things on reddit instead of here. I have many ideas but im often afraid ill be essentially spaming all the sections with new topics and will be met with no replys. I have no real solution as i feel that the problem is user based. I think the selling cap or post minimum will make people avoid becoming full members. If we had an already thriving community then the new members could integrate easier as there would be many threads to reply to. Im not sure how to get some action going on in thai thread but do I ever miss it. I have no solution but i feel as if the new members on the buy/sell thread are not the cause. They may affect that thread to begin with but there is no retention for new members. Just offering my two cents
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2017, 12:50 AM   #22
Jackson
JAX

Feedback Score: (54)
Jackson is a splendid one to behold Jackson is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimchi24 View Post
Personally, i have no issues with the buy and sell section. Its how i meet a lot of members here! The sad part is that the other non sale portion of the forum is dead. To be perfectly honest, i havent helped too much because I am not posting as much. I have been posting a lot of things on reddit instead of here. I have many ideas but im often afraid ill be essentially spaming all the sections with new topics and will be met with no replys. I have no real solution as i feel that the problem is user based. I think the selling cap or post minimum will make people avoid becoming full members. If we had an already thriving community then the new members could integrate easier as there would be many threads to reply to. Im not sure how to get some action going on in thai thread but do I ever miss it. I have no solution but i feel as if the new members on the buy/sell thread are not the cause. They may affect that thread to begin with but there is no retention for new members. Just offering my two cents
I've never been on or used Reddit

I'd be interested in seeing your posts
Old 04-29-2017, 11:54 AM   #23
nc208082
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (17)
nc208082 is a jewel in the rough

IMO it's the Mods who let this come to what it is. That's why I feel people have left. I look at sites like reef2reef who control the forum so well, enforce the rules and protect it's members. There's been several issues from fighting to privacy issues of information being taken and MODS are not anywhere to be seen.

Then I see the response telling us to "report" it, however isn't the title moderator meaning your supposed to monitor the site and be watching for this.

You need active passionate Mods to keep a forum active and alive, to help enforce rules but also help promote and stay current. Perhaps assigning MODS to each section to watch and make sure they are active members.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Old 04-29-2017, 12:06 PM   #24
tom g
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (80)
tom g has much to be proud of tom g has much to be proud of
Send a message via Yahoo to tom g
Default mods

well I have seen the mods do a good job and certainly not complaining , remember they do this on volunteer basis .

the site should be responsible for promoting and having sufficient mods to help and keep a forum going , how can two or three of them deal with the nonscense we have seen in the last year or so .

the site was sold .don't u think it should be the responsibility of the site owners to deal with hiring and poss paying people or making it worth there time .
jm2c

mods this is not about you

hippo tang , yellow tang, 1 damsel ,flame hawk (favorite ),watchman goby ,harlequin star fish (hides boring ) bi -color blenny,cleaner wrasse , bengai cardinal,twin spot goby, mandarin .
sand sifting star fish ,
elusive marine betta(MIA - shows him self periodically -boring )

in progress TBA.....project tranquility ............

90 gallon dual drilled tank with sump
vertex 100-in
2 - evergrow leds ,dual t5 48" aquatic life fixture
Old 04-29-2017, 12:32 PM   #25
nc208082
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (17)
nc208082 is a jewel in the rough

Sorry I should rephrase because Tom makes some great points. There probably isn't enough MODS to cover how big this site has gotten. The buy and sell alone is basically kijiji.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2017, 12:49 PM   #26
TBemba
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (3)
TBemba has a spectacular aura about

Face facts, this is a free forum open to like minded people interested in the same hobby.

The owners/mods/admins create a environment for the public to use

You as the public create content for the forum

It's like your favourite hangout and you enjoy the people and have made friends over the years and have also had issues with other patrons, but you come to for the community and information.

If you don't enjoy the atmosphere or the new crowd that has started to hangout then you have a choice to make.

I've seen this scenario play out in forum, clubs. Some out grow the place while others lash out and try and moderate the forum themselves to their preference.

But in the end as harsh as it may sound. If you don't like it here then you don't have to be here.

Sadly the truth is people leave this forum and join the one I have come to enjoy and bring their issues.
Old 04-29-2017, 06:02 PM   #27
tom g
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (80)
tom g has much to be proud of tom g has much to be proud of
Send a message via Yahoo to tom g
Default sooo

so sit back don't offer anything to the site and let it fade ...

hippo tang , yellow tang, 1 damsel ,flame hawk (favorite ),watchman goby ,harlequin star fish (hides boring ) bi -color blenny,cleaner wrasse , bengai cardinal,twin spot goby, mandarin .
sand sifting star fish ,
elusive marine betta(MIA - shows him self periodically -boring )

in progress TBA.....project tranquility ............

90 gallon dual drilled tank with sump
vertex 100-in
2 - evergrow leds ,dual t5 48" aquatic life fixture
Old 04-29-2017, 06:25 PM   #28
TBemba
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (3)
TBemba has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom g View Post
so sit back don't offer anything to the site and let it fade ...
Ha... you think either of us have any control.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:24 PM   #29
Jackson
JAX

Feedback Score: (54)
Jackson is a splendid one to behold Jackson is a splendid one to behold

Last time I saw there was only one mod
Y2KGT

Does an excellent job

Long time trusted member you can't ask for a better mod IMO

Problem is he's alone and the new members who only post in the buy/sell don't give a shit about the rules

It's the abusers who make the forum very unappealing

A post limit is reallly needed to control that abuse

I'll keep saying it

As well as Solarz suggestion

Maybe a new post tab and a new buy/sell post tab if possible
Old 04-29-2017, 11:52 PM   #30
Crayon
Trouble

Feedback Score: (34)
Crayon is a splendid one to behold Crayon is a splendid one to behold

Teemee is also a mod. She just finished her final exams though, so I know she's had her head down for the last month buried in books.
There are a couple other mods, too, but I can't remember their names right now.