Utsc Aquaria Club - Page 3 - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > GREATER TORONTO AREA MARKETPLACE > GTA CLUBS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Old 12-13-2007, 10:29 AM   #21
thiban

Feedback Score: (0)
thiban is on a distinguished road

Hey guys,
I will put the flyers up next semester, you know with exams and everything there arent going to be that many responses. I even got a professor to watch over us. He was the first person i actually gave our flyer to. His name is Nathan Lovejoy and his research is classifying needlefishes. I work for him, at his aquatics lab down in the first floor science wing. He has 3 60g with around 15 needlefishes and one 25 g with feeder guppies. Maybe we can use that room as our meeting place. But the only thing is it requires an access card and i'm the only one who has the card. Well its just a thought!
Hope this starts to run soon!
Thiban
thiban is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2007, 10:32 AM   #22
dekstr

Feedback Score: (2)
dekstr will become famous soon enough

Nice! That's some nice connections you got there. Most business profs I know don't own aquariums lol
dekstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:34 PM   #23
martin c

martin c is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hi all, I'm Martin from utsc

thiban - can i still be VP?

and for everyone else here that don't know me, I also work for Professor Nathan Lovejoy. and We actually have six 75 gallons and the feeder tank is only 15 =P

Anyway, the thing with the fishroom tho is that it is actually a high security area, according to the campus police, they really want limited access (Hence only 4 undergrads - including me and thiban has card). So, if anything, we could use one of the 3rd floor science rooms? Maybe Joanne or Eric could give us one of the rooms.

Just a thought
martin c is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2007, 06:27 PM   #24
thiban

Well SORRY for not knowing the details Martian!
I just did a rough estimate. Anyways, ya the aquatics lab is high security, but I was still thinking we can probably set up some tanks in there or something, and we can go in there if needed. Our official "meetings" can happen in the labs, im sure Joanne would love to be part of our club!
Old 12-17-2007, 06:32 PM   #25
thiban

btw, Joanne cultures Daphnia, and brine shrimp in the lab. She also has a bunch of moss, which i'm assuming is java moss. I'm sure she can hook us up
Old 12-17-2007, 06:33 PM   #26
martin c

We need to have animal protocols for the fish room for every species of vertebrate we keep there, hence I threw the snail and plants in.

As long as it's only plants and inverts we are good, since I am the most responsible for the lab =P
If it's fishes or whatever, upstairs would be a better option =D
Old 12-17-2007, 06:35 PM   #27
thiban

i was actually only thinking of growing plants in there. Especially if we can get one of those huge CO2 tanks from Stephen Reid, we can grow a huge number of plants ;-)
Old 12-17-2007, 06:35 PM   #28
martin c

oh yea, after exams, I am going to ask her for one of each culture. I am getting the key to the room tomorrow, so maybe we can take the room =)
Old 12-17-2007, 06:37 PM   #29
martin c

Btw. I was pushing Nate LJ to getting 6 feet long tanks - 108 Gallons
forgot how much it costs ~230? , but PJ's said they will ship them for me if I ever want to order them

do you think you would need or want something like that? I know I would =)
Old 12-17-2007, 06:39 PM   #30
thiban

martin we can discuss the details over the phone and then come up with some finalized solutions :-P...Martin, Desktr goes to UTSC too, and he really wants to take part in the formation of the team, us three should meet up and really discuss the issues