Aquatic Kingdom - Page 3 - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > GREATER TORONTO AREA MARKETPLACE > General Marketplace Discussion > Store Profiles & Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Store Profiles & Reviews Your favourite stores reviewed by the GTAA community. Please keep all reviews constructive and inline with forum rules!

Old 05-18-2009, 10:16 PM   #21
XbrandonX
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (23)
XbrandonX has a spectacular aura about

The last bunch of times I've made my way in there the place has REALLY gone down hill.. It's too bad really because the place really has potential and Daniel's a really nice guy guy.

Personally I think it's a staffing issue, you see the guys screwing around and talking at the front when there's a ton of really easy maintenance that should be done.. EVERYWHERE

I'd be pissed if that were my store, and those my employees.
XbrandonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2009, 11:43 PM   #22
ameekplec.
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (134)
ameekplec. has a brilliant future ameekplec. has a brilliant future ameekplec. has a brilliant future

Well, I'm not too surprised that this store is going down too. IIRC, it used to be another "reefing" store, but the name escapes me right now.
ameekplec. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:44 PM   #23
Acro_Jordan

Feedback Score: (0)
Acro_Jordan is on a distinguished road

I didnt see them bag it. The man that was helping me went and got a chinese person to bag them for me while we talked. Also I didnt really see the bags. He carried them up front and put them in a box for me. I asumed it would all be good. As for the drill bit that I dont know how that got in the bag, I think it was under the plate coral and when the guy grabed it he picked up both at once. And the star fish I havent got an ID on them yet, they are black and spiney and like little bristles all over it. Anyways I will be going down tomorrow and I will post the out come once I get back.
Acro_Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2009, 06:27 AM   #24
XbrandonX
Devoted Member

XbrandonX has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameekplec. View Post
Well, I'm not too surprised that this store is going down too. IIRC, it used to be another "reefing" store, but the name escapes me right now.
'Where's The Reef' it used to be off the Queensway in Mississauga.
XbrandonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:16 PM   #25
Rodeo

Feedback Score: (0)
Rodeo is on a distinguished road

So far my dealings with them has been good. Something really went wrong somewhere. Daniel is a nice guy to talk to and Ryan(from where's the reef) too. It will be good to let them know the problems, so that they are aware of the issues. I do not feel negative about them since this kind of issue can happen with any store.
Rodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:13 AM   #26
Platypus

Feedback Score: (4)
Platypus is on a distinguished road

I bought a few platy there, and damn those were fighters. All my platy died from a closing lfs' free fish. They lived a few days more then the rest of the other fish I had. The plants are SOOOoooo cheap. Hairgrass at BA is $8, at AK its $4. Everything is at least 100% less.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:07 PM   #27
tooslow

Feedback Score: (2)
tooslow is on a distinguished road
Default Aquatic Kingdom

I have been going to Aquatic Kingdom for some time now and it is my favorite store. i live in the west end of toronto so it is a bit of a hike to get out there but it is worth it. They have a great selection of fish, both fresh and salt water. the only thing i can say negatively about this is there equipment is a little pricer then other stores, but they match prices so really what else can you ask for? great place and the people working there are pleasant and very helpful.

Last edited by tooslow; 06-07-2009 at 01:33 PM..
tooslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:16 PM   #28
overleaf
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (1)
overleaf is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to overleaf Send a message via AIM to overleaf Send a message via MSN to overleaf Send a message via Yahoo to overleaf Send a message via Skype™ to overleaf

I actually love this store. I was in there last weekend and man have they stocked up. They are now carrying substrate, decorations (driftwood, plastics, rocks, etc..), and I don't think you can beat their SW selection.

They even have a HUGE koi section in their parking lot.
overleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:10 PM   #29
Tabatha
Devoted Member

Tabatha has a spectacular aura about

We were there today and it was pathetic. Most of their aquariums, lighting, equipment, etc.. are cheap knock-offs. It appeared they'd given up on cleaning their sw fish tanks. They had a big black trigger with an enormous tumor behind it's eye for $100.00. There was a haze in many of the tanks and on the glass. Their corals failed to impress me.

Epic fail, BA's in Oakville is better in the west end.

Our favorite marine store? Sea U Marine.
Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:21 PM   #30
overleaf
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (1)
overleaf is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to overleaf Send a message via AIM to overleaf Send a message via MSN to overleaf Send a message via Yahoo to overleaf Send a message via Skype™ to overleaf

I'm shocked :/

Apparently world renowned Heiko visted the store and he also liked it:

http://www.aquapress-bleher.com/inde...d=377&Itemid=1

His reviews are genuine, look at what he says about BA Mississauga:

http://www.aquapress-bleher.com/inde...d=379&Itemid=1

I say don't give up on the store, it's come a long way since I first went there in January. They're constantly improving and now offering an ever growing selection of quality equipment.

That said, BA Oakville is my second favorite BA, trailing Vaughn by a small margin.
overleaf is offline   Reply With Quote