Aqua Tropics - Page 2 - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > GREATER TORONTO AREA MARKETPLACE > General Marketplace Discussion > Store Profiles & Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Store Profiles & Reviews Your favourite stores reviewed by the GTAA community. Please keep all reviews constructive and inline with forum rules!

Old 05-16-2013, 09:38 PM   #11
darkangel66n
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (21)
darkangel66n is a jewel in the rough

Went in there two weeks ago and pretty much walked back out. Place was a disaster. The hard goods was nice and well kept, not so much the tanks.
darkangel66n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2014, 03:59 AM   #12
witchbitch
Up-and-comer

Feedback Score: (0)
witchbitch is on a distinguished road
Angry Appalling!

I walk by this store a lot, and I have never, ever gone in. I don't need to, because simply looking at the tanks they have in their display window is enough reason to stay away. Last time I checked, they had a motoro ray in there with a common pleco and several cichlids. pH levels are not the same for all those fish! I cannot ID the cichlids as I am no expert, but one of them was very, very aggressive. The motoro ray was WAY too big for the tank, as was the common pleco. The ray had bites taken out of it, and the tail was clearly bitten in half. There was also one cichlid in there that was hiding behind decor and had a chunk of his lip bitten off. Honestly, I was appalled.

This place should be shut down for animal cruelty, and by the looks of the reviews already here, that should have happened a long time ago.

I don't care if the owner used to care about his fish, this is despicable.

10g: Needles (Molly), Raja (dwarf Gourami), The Spice Girls (5 neon tetras)

15g: Priscilla Queen of the Desert, my 2 1/2 y/o Leopard Gecko!

26g: 12 Harlequin rasboras, 2 peppered cories (Salt-N-Pepa), 1 angel fish (kate moss), 1 pearl gourami (tyra banks), 5 Kuhli loaches

3 Dogs: Bailey (pug), Zoe (pug-shih tzu mix), and Troy (chocolate lab)
1 cat: Kitty

RIP: Antigone, Mr Webz, Thelma, Louise, Lord Trap, Sharon, Ladyboy, Jesse & James.
witchbitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 05:35 PM   #13
Rain

Feedback Score: (0)
Rain is on a distinguished road

I drove by today and it appears to have closed down. The display tank in the window is gone and the store itself looks empty.
Rain is offline   Reply With Quote