Golden Garden Pet Shop - Page 3 - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > GREATER TORONTO AREA MARKETPLACE > General Marketplace Discussion > Store Profiles & Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Store Profiles & Reviews Your favourite stores reviewed by the GTAA community. Please keep all reviews constructive and inline with forum rules!

Old 11-13-2011, 07:27 AM   #21
AquaticPulse
<Custom User Title>

Feedback Score: (4)
AquaticPulse is on a distinguished road

i had a horrible experience at that place. First time i went he guy totally ignored me. Then i thought it might have just been a bad day so i went again another time to get tubular light bulbs.

I asked him if he had any light bulbs. He said none. Then i found some in the front and said how much are these. and he's says $25. I asked him if he could give me a deal or... and he cut me off and said, if you can go elsewhere if you don't like my prices. and snatched the bulb i was holding and walked away from me. Maybe it was because people haggle with him all the time, i just thought $25 was excessive for a single tubular bulb. I would have probably bought it for $25 if he said he couldn't give any discounts, but he snatched the bulb from my hands along and walked away. oh well, in the end i got two bulbs from home depot for 12 bucks
AquaticPulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2011, 11:51 AM   #22
Holidays
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (9)
Holidays is a jewel in the rough

They do bring in good quality discus and the price is good too. Tons of selection which is nice to pick from. They had a few albino red cover discus for $40 after the bigger ones have been sold. The price for Aro is good too if you compared around. If you like discus, Aro and flowerhorns its worth visiting this store once in a while.
Holidays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:30 AM   #23
TorontoBoy

Feedback Score: (0)
TorontoBoy is on a distinguished road

Relatively clean, has lots of goldfish of varying prices. They seem to let customers net their own fish, which is very nice. I did see some dead fish in tanks, and their tanks are way overstocked. They do not seem to carry common fish, like tetras. Maybe a specialized store for specific fish types?

Still, nothing really stands out about the store. They did ask me if I needed any help.
TorontoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #24
darkangel66n
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (21)
darkangel66n is a jewel in the rough

Small store that caters to Asian tastes in fish. Arowannas, rays, parrot cichlids and such.
darkangel66n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:54 AM   #25
Dee2010
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (62)
Dee2010 is on a distinguished road

Went there last week. IMO not that bad of a experience, Sam does look pissed off at first but just got to break the ice with him. Picked up a checker board and he's doing great ate on second day. Good place for Aros and discus in terms of price and variety. Just be careful when choosing your fish. And apparently Sam also owns markham aquarium 2u and its operated by his wife. So that's three stores in the markham area if including Johnnys store up in Richmond hill.
Dee2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:55 AM   #26
Carlito
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (30)
Carlito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel66n View Post
Small store that caters to Asian tastes in fish. Arowannas, rays, parrot cichlids and such.
Good store if you're looking for a good selection of these fish...but that's the only good part about it

I visited this store for the first and last time a few weeks ago...as some have mentioned customer service is bad and they totally ignored me, but did talk oriental to oriental customers that walked in after me...

I'm European and I have been to a few oriental "hole in the wall" type of lfs like this one before and got treated the same way, ignored or talked to rudely...at this store I was ignored.

The place was very messy, a lot of tripping hazards like unattended hoses in the middle of the floor, water on the floor, aisles are too tight, overstocked fish tanks, tanks too small for the stock...

Would not recommend this place to anyone!
Carlito is offline   Reply With Quote