Buy and sell become toilet for the idiotic comments - Page 2 - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > GTA AQUARIA > Site Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Site Feedback Comments, Questions or Concerns related to GTA Aquaria? Heck, even leave suggestions on how we can improve.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:46 PM   #11
Y2KGT

Feedback Score: (53)
Y2KGT is a splendid one to behold Y2KGT is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarz View Post
I don't understand why this is a problem all of a sudden. Maybe it's because I haven't used the ads section in a couple of months, but I think most of the posts in sale threads (aside from bumps) are requests for information that should be widely available. I have rarely seen any discourteous remarks, and I believe those can simply be handled by moderators.

If we go with automatically locking ads so that only the thread creator can post, then what about "wanted" and "for trade" ads? Perhaps VS_Admin can say whether they can programmatically distinguish between a "for sale" and a "wanted" thread. I suspect it's not trivial.

Personally, I'm not a fan of implementing automatic locks instead of using human discretion.
This has become a huge issue in the past several months. And a thread can get out of control before a Mod has a chance to deal with it.

All ads whether for sale or wanted should be replied to via PM or email. That's how Kijiji and Craig's List work and so do a lot of other forums.
--
Paul
Y2KGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2014, 01:59 PM   #12
tom g
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (80)
tom g has much to be proud of tom g has much to be proud of
Send a message via Yahoo to tom g
Default idea

Just ban the clown who t hreadcrapps constantly its only a selected
few who do it and ruin it for others. ..

hippo tang , yellow tang, 1 damsel ,flame hawk (favorite ),watchman goby ,harlequin star fish (hides boring ) bi -color blenny,cleaner wrasse , bengai cardinal,twin spot goby, mandarin .
sand sifting star fish ,
elusive marine betta(MIA - shows him self periodically -boring )

in progress TBA.....project tranquility ............

90 gallon dual drilled tank with sump
vertex 100-in
2 - evergrow leds ,dual t5 48" aquatic life fixture
tom g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:18 PM   #13
sig
moved on...

Feedback Score: (119)
sig has much to be proud of sig has much to be proud of

Quote:
If we go with automatically locking ads so that only the thread creator can post, then what about "wanted" and "for trade" ads? Perhaps VS_Admin can say whether they can programmatically distinguish between a "for sale" and a "wanted" thread. I suspect it's not trivial.

Personally, I'm not a fan of implementing automatic locks instead of using human discretion.
what is the difference?
people who want to trade/buy/wanted can use PM as most of the other forums do

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Old 02-21-2014, 03:49 PM   #14
solarz
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (59)
solarz is a splendid one to behold solarz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sig View Post
what is the difference?
people who want to trade/buy/wanted can use PM as most of the other forums do
It would certainly be more inconvenient.
solarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:43 PM   #15
Zidartha

Feedback Score: (10)
Zidartha is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't understand why this is a problem all of a sudden. Maybe it's because I haven't used the ads section in a couple of months, but I think most of the posts in sale threads (aside from bumps) are requests for information that should be widely available. I have rarely seen any discourteous remarks, and I believe those can simply be handled by moderators.

+1

I don't think it's a problem and if it is, ban the threadcrapper... I like the open forum and avoid the forums that only allow closed ads. If you don't want a discussion, post on kijjiji and not a forum... duh.

If you do make the change, perhaps there can be a tick box to opt for an open or closed ad.

ps. the OP often posts random ads from kijjiji to make comments and generate discussion....
Old 02-21-2014, 08:44 PM   #16
sig
moved on...

Quote:
It would certainly be more inconvenient.
I never seen you provide offer and contact information in the thread and I assume you communicate with the sellers/buyers by PM, because somehow you got many feedbacks

as what "will be more inconvenient"? to see BS comments as below

here are just few:

go and buy a new
I like this
I wish I had room
I wish I could justify spending that much
bump for good seller
good deal
Good luck with the sale
Interested but you is too far
you have some good stuff!!
Did you move?
May I ask why you are selling
Nice Coral wall
You need to cleanup and paint that Metal Stand
Looks too scary otherwise
How much for the poster above the tank?
you are just to far. Makes me sad

and the winner is - if I only had the money

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Last edited by sig; 02-21-2014 at 09:39 PM..
sig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:46 PM   #17
sig
moved on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zidartha View Post
+1

I don't think it's a problem and if it is, ban the threadcrapper... I like the open forum and avoid the forums that only allow closed ads. If you don't want a discussion, post on kijjiji and not a forum... duh.

If you do make the change, perhaps there can be a tick box to opt for an open or closed ad.

ps. the OP often posts random ads from kijjiji to make comments and generate discussion....
what are you planing to discuss openly with the future buyers when you post something for sale?

Old 02-22-2014, 11:34 AM   #18
ameekplec.
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (134)
ameekplec. has a brilliant future ameekplec. has a brilliant future ameekplec. has a brilliant future

I for one am not for locking out posting in classifieds posts. You should be able to ask questions to the OP about the sale, and they shouldn't have to be private - and in many cases, there are posts that can be answered by someone else if the OP doesn't know or hasn't had a chance to reply.

It's a small minority of people on both camps I think - those who post inane comments on the threads and those who want to lock their threads because of a few inane posts. I for one, do not support locking out all posts. It's a public forum, and if you didn't want people to publicly discuss what you post, don't post.
ameekplec. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:01 PM   #19
zzz
Up-and-comer

Feedback Score: (3)
zzz will become famous soon enough

I'm also against locking, but agree that it can be moderated. Communication between buyer and seller is vital. Sure, thigs can be discussed through PMs, but sometime it's better when others can see the response too. Ultimately it's the seller who benefits from all this as his thread gets attention, thread is bumped and things can be sold quicker that one there's an exchange of PMs.
And there's benefit for administrators as well as users spend more time here reading and commenting.
zzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:04 PM   #20
darkangel66n
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (21)
darkangel66n is a jewel in the rough

Locking is a bad idea in my opinion. People might take the time to post they saw such and such at a certain store when someone is looking for it, but I doubt most would take the time to PM. Plus it lets others see questions and answers about the item.
darkangel66n is offline   Reply With Quote