Phillipene blue Angels - Page 5 - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > FRESHWATER > Cichlids
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Cichlids Discus, angelfish, oscars, lake, african/american, etc.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:05 AM   #41
joker

Feedback Score: (0)
joker is on a distinguished road

Your right Clem, water changes and food are essential for growth, it applies to any species. Culling is also required to produce the best fish possible, superior quality is IMO what the goal should be. I would rather raise 50 A+ fish than 150 of something less, Im not perfect and I'm sure the odd thing has gone overlooked but I'm very hard when culling anything, "Sparta" rules apply here.
joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2016, 09:53 AM   #42
skylane

Feedback Score: (1)
skylane is on a distinguished road

You are a good breeder man, qualities of what you speak are rare, and some people don't understand this, but the good ones do. We are going to stay in contact, as I'm venturing too as. soon as I can move, need to build fish room , but more like breeding room, not alot of space now for them.
I have a love for Angels, Discus,cichlids and too many more. I would love to do some nice GBRs , ATM I'm trying some of my gold Rams to breed. I think you said you live out west, I'm in Ont.
Keep up the good work, get your strains in order and make a new line of Angels!!!

Clem
skylane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:38 AM   #43
joker

Thanks Clem, nice of you! The quality thing has always been paramount for me, don't want my name tied to crap and that's the bottom line. Funny you mentioned Rams, have a bunch of eggs and fry going right now, some German blues and some electric blues. Will be crossing a gold with a electric blue soon too. These eggs are due today!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (80.9 KB, 26 views)

Old 04-07-2016, 10:54 AM   #44
skylane

Ok, send me some GBRs, when ready, just let me know. I'm no breeder just a hobbyist, but I know some fine ones in the states and I know the quality things all too well, as they have been my mentors and friends.
I'm not finding any quality Rams GBR in the pet stores, too many come from Asia and are prone to stress and diseases, as well as most fish. The water and acclimation process is different within countries, by the time the fish get here. I had bought some at the LFS, about 5 and 4 if them died and all showed the same type of symptoms, just bad weak fish . I was very disappointed, and now looking for our local breeders and hobbyist our there. I'm just tired of the crap, it makes you look further out to find qualities, but that is what the ultimate goal is!!?

Clem
Old 04-07-2016, 11:38 AM   #45
joker

All my Ram breeding stock are Israeli bred and are superior to all the Asian bred stuff, I've worked with both so I have a comparison. The genetics and health of even the EBR's from Israel is superior to anything I've come across, I bred over 2500 last summer and they were highly coveted due to their quality and hardiness. Will let you know when they get big.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (47.3 KB, 23 views)
Old 04-07-2016, 12:18 PM   #46
skylane

You are too kind sir, I will look forward with this, awesome man!

Clem
Old 04-07-2016, 12:26 PM   #47
skylane

I just made a thread on here about making a breeding section for SW/FW people to get more people together in a more dedicated and breeders section, that should cover specific or all type of fish. I don't think they have one here , or more people can talk about and meet other breeders???
Some people are just looking for knowledge and information on how it all works. It's not secret, its good when hobbyist and pros help each other by just sharing and teaching. I think it could be done a bit more refined on GTA , I hope someone takes note... It would be cool to have everything in one place for breeding.

Clem
Old 04-07-2016, 12:29 PM   #48
Marz
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (9)
Marz is on a distinguished road
Default Phillipene blue Angels

I don't do freshwater anymore but understanding good husbandry techniques from breeders would prove invaluable as well has having access locally. Hopefully I could find some good Koi breeders locally as I want to convert my pond

This post itself has been very informative.
Marz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 03:36 AM   #49
skylane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marz View Post
I don't do freshwater anymore but understanding good husbandry techniques from breeders would prove invaluable as well has having access locally. Hopefully I could find some good Koi breeders locally as I want to convert my pond

This post itself has been very informative.
This a perfect example here why we need a Breeders section which I posted after your comment, in the GTA forum.
Thank-you for making this more clear with your comments as finding information needs to have a home. There is just too many questions that people want to know about breeding and who's who ???

Clem