GTA Aquarium Forums banner

Brantford - Sunday March 25th - the Brant Aquarium Society Auction

5K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  bob123 
#1 ·
Is anyone going?

after yesterdays Hamilton Auction I think I'm hooked. I plan to drive out to see what kind of deals I can pick up.

doors open at 8am and bidding starts at 10am.

Best Western Brant Park Inn is located at 19 Holiday Drive, Brantford, Ontario.

http://brantaquariumsociety.ca/

#5 ·
I picked up three of your Green Dragon Plecos on Saturday. Nice Fish. Not sure where the Green part comes from though. I put them in a heavily algaed 120g tank and they've cleaned atleast half the glass spotless!

Not sure yet if I'll make it to Brantford either but I'll try.

Lee

#9 ·
@Jelly, thanks bud! I like going all in for things that I enjoy.

I think you were with your son right? We had a couple good laughs there. That peice of driftwood was gorgeous!

#13 ·
Auction are hard to predict but in general Brantfords auction is a little smaller and sometimes different things are in the auction. There is also a show and this is very interesting as you will see fish being shown in full splender, if you have not attended a show it is very informative. Hope to see you there I will have a London Aquarium Society t-shirt and a NAPA racing hat. :):)

#22 ·
My gf and I were planning on heading over to check it out, and see our first auction, well of any sort!

I was wondering if you can register as a buyer after the auction has begun, and also how long it tends to run?
I am not sure if well make it there by the 10am start, and was concerned that we wouldn't be able to bid (like the majority, not that we need anything else :D)

Graham.

#25 ·
This was my first auction, and had my gf and I had a great time.

There were a lot of great deals and I managed to score four really nice Gold Angels for $10, three PB angels for $12, and an Ehiem 2213 for $32! Can't complain about that at all!

I can't wait until the next one coming up, and will hopefully add some of my own stuff to be auctioned. Thank to the Brant Aquarium club for putting on a great auction. (beer)!

#28 ·
Respect

Love going to these auctions but can't stand the people trying to monoplozie stock. Be respectful to fellow members, don't bid for the sake of bidding. We all go to have some fun, get some hard to find items, talk about fish. If your there to liquidate your weeks pay, stay home.

Matt

#29 ·
Love going to these auctions but can't stand the people trying to monoplozie stock. Be respectful to fellow members, don't bid for the sake of bidding. We all go to have some fun, get some hard to find items, talk about fish. If your there to liquidate your weeks pay, stay home.

Matt
Nothing wrong with monopolizing stock. If I intend to breed a fish or keep a group I pick up as many as I can. Several years ago I picked up all of Charlie's Corydoras hastatus at 2 different auctions just to get a large enough group for a show tank. The only rule to really follow is don't pay more for an item than its worth to you. :)

#32 ·
I enjoy going to these auctions. I find that you have to set your price, if bidding exceeds that- drop out. Some people enjoy over paying for items, or they just want to put on a show. Whatever the methodology is, God bless... Not a problem I want or need.

I love seeing all the beautiful fish And there are some great deals.

Next auction is Durham and then Sarnia. I am hoping to attend them all.

Cheers to all the supporters of this wonderful hobby we have. The intent, as I have said many times, is to enjoy, educate, support, and further the hobby.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.