Caribbean waters - Page 2 - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > MARINE AQUARIUMS > Marine Photography
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Marine Photography Show us your stuff! Post pictures of your tanks here.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:58 PM   #11
explor3r
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (56)
explor3r is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGSHOW View Post
Awesome photos Alex.
Thanks Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patwa View Post
great photos....glad to see you upgraded the camera

yummy!

how'd he taste? i'd have that guy in a net, then on the grill and then in my belly faster than you could say 'ultra rainbow donut'
Lol I don't like seafood I only like to have it in my tanks but once I had fried lobster in ginger and onion and it was delicious!!.... So ...when you have the munchies do you go looking around in your tanks Let say you are predator or aren't we all

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoapaly View Post
Wow more pics please
I have around 200 pics more coming soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fesso clown View Post
Where's the speedo selfie?
Lol wife don't like them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin5 View Post
very nice alex! what camera are you using now for you underwater shots?

i'm leaving monday for mexico, can't wait!

Im still using the Olympus underwater camera that I recommended to you before.
I love this camera aim and shoot and thats it you got great pics..
Take some pictures from Mexico and please my regards to Speedy Gonzales
explor3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2014, 12:05 AM   #12
explor3r
Devoted Member

Old 08-13-2014, 12:18 AM   #13
rickcasa
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (9)
rickcasa is on a distinguished road

Awesome pics. Love the Atlantic Blue Tang.

Puerto Rico needs to vacuum and more cleanup crews, detritus everywhere.
rickcasa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2014, 05:07 PM   #14
Flexin5
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (35)
Flexin5 is on a distinguished road

damn, i never thought about snorkeling with gloves on...that's a pretty good idea actually.
Flexin5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:59 PM   #15
Patwa
gallantly streaming

Feedback Score: (10)
Patwa has a spectacular aura about

actually, I was gonna post about the gloves yesterday but didn't want to shake the boat too much. But heck, I seem to be causing a lot of fuss here and there with some users on this board since I joined anyhow, so here goes

i'm 100% against wearing any sort of gloves on a dive or even when snorkeling. It's just not the way to conserve and protect the reefs out there, especially because people feel they can now touch and interact with the environment and the animals when they should most definitely not be! Alex's photo above where he holds the brittle star is a perfect example...no slight to Alex, I like you, and do appreciate the sweet prices on your coral frags!

Yes, wearing gloves does give the user the added protection against cuts and scrapes...and god knows, if you're new to diving and can't get your buoyancy right you do need to hold on to the rocks to help stabilize yourself. But the flipside is that some people, with gloves on, feel they have the green light to touch/hold/feel anything out there in the ocean. That is NOT responsible diving or snorkeling!!

My divemaster when I was diving in Flores is one fella who believes 100% in not using gloves, for the same reasons I noted above. However, one Dutch diver on the boat with us disagreed with him and said she didn't want to get cut or scraped ..so he reluctantly obliged. Sure enough, when I dove with her I saw her putting her hand into rocks and touching corals, pushing her hand directly INTO huge anemones, and touching various items. NOT COOL. I mentioned that to my DM and he said....some people are just ignorant and selfish like that. I believe him 110%

I'll never wear gloves, unless the danger of cuts and scrapes or attacks by fish far outweighs the damage I could possibly do if I mistakenly hold on to a rock or coral for safety.

$0.02
Patwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:03 PM   #16
BIGSHOW
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (17)
BIGSHOW has a spectacular aura about

Old 08-13-2014, 08:34 PM   #17
aquatic_expressions
Zoaholic

Feedback Score: (47)
aquatic_expressions will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to aquatic_expressions

Espero que todo fue bien. Necesito frag plugs.
aquatic_expressions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:03 AM   #18
explor3r
Devoted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patwa View Post
actually, I was gonna post about the gloves yesterday but didn't want to shake the boat too much. But heck, I seem to be causing a lot of fuss here and there with some users on this board since I joined anyhow, so here goes

i'm 100% against wearing any sort of gloves on a dive or even when snorkeling. It's just not the way to conserve and protect the reefs out there, especially because people feel they can now touch and interact with the environment and the animals when they should most definitely not be! Alex's photo above where he holds the brittle star is a perfect example...no slight to Alex, I like you, and do appreciate the sweet prices on your coral frags!

Yes, wearing gloves does give the user the added protection against cuts and scrapes...and god knows, if you're new to diving and can't get your buoyancy right you do need to hold on to the rocks to help stabilize yourself. But the flipside is that some people, with gloves on, feel they have the green light to touch/hold/feel anything out there in the ocean. That is NOT responsible diving or snorkeling!!

My divemaster when I was diving in Flores is one fella who believes 100% in not using gloves, for the same reasons I noted above. However, one Dutch diver on the boat with us disagreed with him and said she didn't want to get cut or scraped ..so he reluctantly obliged. Sure enough, when I dove with her I saw her putting her hand into rocks and touching corals, pushing her hand directly INTO huge anemones, and touching various items. NOT COOL. I mentioned that to my DM and he said....some people are just ignorant and selfish like that. I believe him 110%

I'll never wear gloves, unless the danger of cuts and scrapes or attacks by fish far outweighs the damage I could possibly do if I mistakenly hold on to a rock or coral for safety.

$0.02
Well maybe I should started the tread saying I went there to meet my supplier and cherry picking corals. The guy who has the glove is the collector and he was using the gloves exactly for the reason you mention above..Hold on to rocks and safety, sometimes the waves would come and throw you away against the rocks and trust me I did not had gloves I got scraches all over my belly legs etc.
He was so careful with everything I had to say I admire that no many people care about species and treat them with respect as he did.
Padwa is funny how you never miss anything, don't take it negative you know Im open to talk about anything you know this hobby is a constant learning experience.
Well hope that explain the glove situation and please don't let my post become something else..is about sharing the experience and sharing pictures with everyone of the beauty of the sea.... thanks and enjoy it....
Old 08-14-2014, 10:09 AM   #19
explor3r
Devoted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGSHOW View Post
Lol Dave keep eating this will continue.. more pics will come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin5 View Post
damn, i never thought about snorkeling with gloves on...that's a pretty good idea actually.
I never though of it neither but giving the situation like very shallow water or lots of waves I will recommend you to do so for safety only, in any other conditions I see no reason to wear them..

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquatic_expressions View Post
Espero que todo fue bien. Necesito frag plugs.
Todo super mi amigo...Tengo unas cuantas ven cuando quieras
Old 08-14-2014, 04:29 PM   #20
Flexin5
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (35)
Flexin5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by explor3r View Post
Lol Dave keep eating this will continue.. more pics will come

I never though of it neither but giving the situation like very shallow water or lots of waves I will recommend you to do so for safety only, in any other conditions I see no reason to wear them..

Todo super mi amigo...Tengo unas cuantas ven cuando quieras

I agree brotha. the reason i thought the gloves were a good idea was because the very first time i went snorkeling in st.maartin, i got a little tossed with a big enough wave that i went across a rock and cut my hand when out of instinct i reached out to prevent myself from smashing into it. you know me i'm not a big guy (but a strong swimmer) so it's easy for me to get tossed around in the water.

the other time was in honduras, this guy on a kayak was towing me around the reef, but at one point i slipped off in this really shallow part of the reef, the cup coral was very very sharp, and once again cut my hand.

this stuff was like a forest of razor blades:

now i wouldn't be brave sticking my hands into crevices and nems etc, that's not right; being in this hobby i realize just how many things can sting, bite and prick you and also being a health professional the last thing i would want/need is to be in a mexican hospital with some sort of reaction to a sting from the ocean lol
Flexin5 is offline   Reply With Quote