GTA Aquarium Forums banner

June TWAS is one week earlier than normal.

3K views 26 replies 7 participants last post by  KhuliLoachFan 
#1 · (Edited)
This coming Wednesday is the last Toronto Willowdale Aquarium Society meeting before the usual summer break. They have moved it forward one week because the Earl Haig Secondary School is not available (open) the third wednesday of June. (Probably the exams are over by then and the school is closed for summer. There is no July or August meeting. Monthly Meetings resume in September.

http://www.torontoaquarium.org/

Wednesday, June 09**, 2010 7:30 p.m. in Room 131, Earl Haig SS.

I am bringing some fish for the auction. Hope to see some friendly GTAA folks there too.

Warren

#2 ·
Thats cool, i always wanted to come to a meeting. Do you think i could pick up some bettas or freshwater shrimp at the auction?

#5 ·
What kind of shrimp? And how are they priced... I just realized its an auction (duh!) How much do shrimp usually go for at auctions like this?

#7 ·
I am not a member so I don't think I could. Plus who wants my hybrids.. O_O lol

(I still couldn't get good picks novice, I am so sorry I forgot to get back to you. lol)

#11 ·
Oohhh okay! I am sorry I didn't have a chance to get shrimps together but I will next time. (Had a dr. apt and a scary episode with the kiddo yesterday)

I should be there with my sister! I'll bring my cam, I hope that would be okay. I'll ask when I get there. :)

#12 ·
It was nice meeting Ciddian and her sister.

There WERE shrimps at the auction (a Macrobrachium sp.). I bought most of them. :)

And I brought a crap-load of platies, guppies and hygro, and it sold off very well. I also gave out free MTS to anybody who wanted some. And I still have about 300 sitting here at home in a bucket of water with an airstone. :)

W

#15 ·
It was nice meeting Ciddian and her sister.

There WERE shrimps at the auction (a Macrobrachium sp.). I bought most of them. :)

And I brought a crap-load of platies, guppies and hygro, and it sold off very well. I also gave out free MTS to anybody who wanted some. And I still have about 300 sitting here at home in a bucket of water with an airstone. :)

W
Do you have a puffer fish? :)

Have you tried to identify that shrimps? I've found Macrobrachium lamarrei and Macrobrachium nipponese, that look similar to yours.

#13 ·
Ya it was great to meet you warren! :) I got some awesome platy and guppies! :D

I also got to meet others and it was a lot of fun. Nice slide show btw. Who was the speaker again?

#14 ·
It was nice to meet you guys!

I would say, it was not just an auction, but a lecture about crayfishes and shrimp. The guy who delivered lectures a lecture (with transparencies, of course :) ) was a scientist from Toronto (as I understand) Zoo. I learn a lot about crayfishes today.

Thanks!

#18 ·
ya that speaker was great. Those shrimp you got Warren looked awesome! :)

I got some of Warrens platies, and some guppies for bob. I also picked up some extra MTS for my sisters tank.

I thought I deleted the pics on my card so I couldn't get a lot of photos but here are some snaps at the meeting. :)

#19 ·
hey

thanks for posting this warren...

I've been kind of away from fish stuff for a little bit! :(

nice to meet you ciddian! and thank you taking pictures and coming!

i hope it was up to standards - we're slowly trying to build up the club. :)

#21 ·
It was a good meeting. Lots of new faces. I hope we can build the online-to-in-person link thing so that hobbyists can trade, and learn, and have some fun In Real Life, In Person. Fish-keeping is a pretty solitary hobby, and I like it that way. My alone time downstairs in my fish room is my personal battery recharge time.

But I love to talk shop with fellow finatics, afishionados, aquanerds, etc.

W

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.