Fall Shows and Auctions - Page 2 - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > GREATER TORONTO AREA MARKETPLACE > GTA CLUBS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Old 09-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #11
darkangel66n
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (21)
darkangel66n is a jewel in the rough

Oh yes my mistake. Sorry.
darkangel66n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #12
bettaforu
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (49)
bettaforu has a spectacular aura about
Default question about a fish for the show

I have a gorgeous male Montezuma Swordtail that has a great long sword, and he's a beautiful fish, but he's torn a piece off his dorsal fin....would he be discounted for this? or do the judges just take into consideration the overall look of the fish?

I would like to show him, but if they will automatically discount him then its not worth putting him thru the stress.

Any opinions?
Old 09-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #13
BillD
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (1)
BillD is a splendid one to behold BillD is a splendid one to behold

A torn fin is definitely a problem. however, i have seen some poor specimens take their class at different times, because they had no competition. I was always of the opinion that a fish shouldn't place first because it was the only fish in the class. It should be of a certain minimum quality to be a first. Others opine that it is more important to encourage people to show, than to show only perfect fish. I can appreciate that side of the argument, but encouraging people to show fish in poor condition is not an ideal either.
BillD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2013, 06:19 PM   #14
bettaforu
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (49)
bettaforu has a spectacular aura about

That's what I thought. I was sooo upset when he did this chasing another male thru a piece of driftwood. Oh well. I have the other male I can show, he's just not as spectacular as this one. I would rather not stress him out either. thanks for the reply.