GTA Aquarium Forums banner

putting my mom on facebook

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  fishclubgirl 
#1 ·
Was helping my 80 year old mom set up her profile on facebook. Just to get her going, I sent her a friend request. Then the thought occurs to me, what happens to me if she says "no"????

#3 ·
Lol, sometime in the 90's, we were visiting my grandparents for christmas, and we got them a VCR as a gift. They had never had one before. Never had anything more than a television and roof top antenna, in fact. We set it up so that it was all ready to go. But every morning when we got up, the time would be flashing! Mike finally said "you guys must have a lot of power blips and outages here at night, the VCR never seems to hold the time.". To which my grandfather replied "oh that must be because I've been unplugging it every night before I go to bed...I just don't trust it!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
What's a VCR? (just kidding)

I feel sorry for the older generation, not being accustomed to changes so fast. Just look at the post I quoted below- its a story sent from an Iphone about a suspicious new technology (VCR) which is now an outdated relic!
I love this world!

Lol, sometime in the 90's, we were visiting my grandparents for christmas, and we got them a VCR as a gift. They had never had one before. Never had anything more than a television and roof top antenna, in fact. We set it up so that it was all ready to go. But every morning when we got up, the time would be flashing! Mike finally said "you guys must have a lot of power blips and outages here at night, the VCR never seems to hold the time.". To which my grandfather replied "oh that must be because I've been unplugging it every night before I go to bed...I just don't trust it!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Just to balance the scales, I have a 91 year old neighbour who LOVES technology. All he does all day is manicure his lawn and learn interesting facts off the internet. Although he admits, his favourite technology is still the electronic pet cat that came on his ipad, lol.

#8 ·
For the longest time I would get texts from my mom saying "lol" after every message. I finally asked what she thought it meant....."lots of love" she replied :eek:

#11 ·
I know this is an older thread but I need to update it. My mom is now 82 and still likes technology but some of it doesn't make sense to her. Call her up the other night and she says she can't tie up the phone line because my brother's calling her up on Skype:confused: I explain how Skype works and call her on Skype and then she's done talking with me:( Oh well, they do try!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.