CAOAC/Reptile Expo Auction May 27 - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > GREATER TORONTO AREA MARKETPLACE > GTA CLUBS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Old 05-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #1
rjlw

Feedback Score: (0)
rjlw is on a distinguished road
Default CAOAC/Reptile Expo Auction May 27

The Canadian Association of Aquarium Clubs and the Reptile Expo will be hosting a joint auction on May 27 at the Mastercard Centre in Toronto.
All members of CAOAC member clubs will get free admittance to the event if they show their valid membership card at the door.
This is a fish, aquarium plants and new dry goods auction. There will also be some reptiles featured in the auction.
Sellers will receive 70% of the selling price. 20% will go to their club or if there is no club affiliation to CAOAC. Details for the event can be found at

http://www.reptileexpo.ca/toronto.html

Promises to be a great event that should appeal to reptile hobbyists and fish people alike.
rjlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #2
altcharacter
Not a mod!

Feedback Score: (80)
altcharacter has much to be proud of altcharacter has much to be proud of

Where does the other 10% go?
altcharacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #3
rjlw

Feedback Score: (0)
rjlw is on a distinguished road

The other 10% goes to the Reptile Breeders Expo for providing the venue.
rjlw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #4
altcharacter
Not a mod!

Feedback Score: (80)
altcharacter has much to be proud of altcharacter has much to be proud of

Thanks! I was under the assumption that they were a NPO club or organization.
altcharacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #5
charlie1
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (1)
charlie1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The Canadian Association of Aquarium Clubs and the Reptile Expo will be hosting a joint auction on May 27 at the Mastercard Centre in Toronto.
All members of CAOAC member clubs will get free admittance to the event if they show their valid membership card at the door.
This is a fish, aquarium plants and new dry goods auction. There will also be some reptiles featured in the auction.
Sellers will receive 70% of the selling price. 20% will go to their club or if there is no club affiliation to CAOAC. Details for the event can be found at
Are all the affiliated CAOC aware of this?
charlie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:56 PM   #6
BillD
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (1)
BillD is a splendid one to behold BillD is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie1 View Post
Are all the affiliated CAOC aware of this?
They should be, as I believe the invitation to participate was made to CAOAC.
BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:53 PM   #7
bettasandbeads

Feedback Score: (16)
bettasandbeads has a spectacular aura about
Default Expo

Hi Everyone
Bettas Breeders Canada will be there.
I have a shipment of Bettas coming from NS. Heather ( our VP) is sending me a dozen or so of males and females. Half Moon, Butterflies and some Deltas.
Also we will have items from the BBC web site for sale. Betta pro, Betta starter and almond leaves to name a few.
Hope to see you there.
Catherine Salmon
President
Betta Breeders Canada
bettasandbeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #8
bettaforu
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (49)
bettaforu has a spectacular aura about

Hi Catherine I tried downloading the auction form but my computer won't let me do it, can you email me one of the sheets. I want to put my Guppies/Bettas in the auction before I go away.

Also I don't have my membership card (never rec'd it yet) I emailed Barb to get her to send me a copy or something so I can get the free admission, hopefully she's the one I need to ask about that.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #9
bettasandbeads

Feedback Score: (16)
bettasandbeads has a spectacular aura about
Default Expo

Just got word from Heather. She is sending 12 male and 20 female Bettas. Off spring from the following spawns.
blue dragon x blue dragon HM ,copper/orange x opaque HM ,and Blue Dragon MG HM x Blue Dragon MG HMPK (threw a bunch of yellow/blue dragons and red/blue dragons) too.
I am going to have one very full dinning room table until the Expo.
All the proceeds from the sale of these Betta's will be going to Betta Breeders Canada.
So come out and enjoy yourselves and have some fun.
If you are a member of any of the COCA clubs remember to bring your membership card and you will get in free.
Catherine.

PS: there will be a special deal for BBC membership at the show. Join for $10 for the rest of the year. Only available at the Expo.
bettasandbeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #10
bettaforu
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (49)
bettaforu has a spectacular aura about

Platinum White/Gold Dragon HM butterfly.

I will be bringing several Platinum White HM females (full of eggs and ready to breed) and a Pair of Platinum White HMs.

These are the last of my Platinum spawn that I have kept for myself. I feel its time to let them go to someone else, who can breed them and keep the coloration going.

Picture is of the Father of these HMs, He was incredibly GORGEOUS and these offspring are just a beautiful example of him.

PS: Platinum is one of the Hardest colors to attain, it is NOT white but an irridescent shade of silver/white which is hard to describe!

You may see many white Bettas but they are not Platinum! This color is very rare!

These HMs are the color of pearls, irridescent silvery white colors that shine even in the dark. Grab them while you can, I cannot replace them!

Last edited by bettaforu; 05-20-2012 at 08:25 AM..
bettaforu is offline   Reply With Quote