CAOAC/Reptile Expo Auction May 27 - Page 2 - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > GREATER TORONTO AREA MARKETPLACE > GTA CLUBS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Old 05-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #11
rjlw

Feedback Score: (0)
rjlw is on a distinguished road
Default Auction Forms are on the web site.

Forms are on the web site for the auction.

http://www.reptileexpo.ca/toronto.html

There is a separate form for the regular fish stuff - fish, plants and new dry goods and one for reptiles and amphibians. There is also a form for your labels. All items must be labelled.
The auction will actually be done by a professional auctioneer - should be a new experience for all of us.
Hope to see you there.
rjlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2012, 02:13 PM   #12
Hunter
Up-and-comer

Feedback Score: (2)
Hunter is on a distinguished road
Default Axolotls

I'll have a table myself there. Only Axolotls for sale

Gavin Hunter
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #13
Altumnut
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (0)
Altumnut is just really nice

Really enjoyed myself today at the Expo.
Had no idea how popular Reptiles are here.
Great event and much to see and learn about. Not a large aquatic auction but give it some time and sure it could be a great success.
Was very tempted to pick-up one of the many snakes.

...Ralph

Last edited by Altumnut; 05-28-2012 at 10:59 PM..
Altumnut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #14
altum
Up-and-comer

Feedback Score: (2)
altum is on a distinguished road
Default Reptile Expo

Hi folks;
To be perfectly honest with you, I was sort of disappointed.
On the positive side
#1 It was very interesting and I picked up a number of great ideas for my fishroom (reptile misting systems for my emergent Crypts )
#2 It was exceedingly well run by the volunteers of CAOAC
#3 It was exceedingly well organized
#4 I found a number of new vendors of live foods
#5 I found out some info about clubs, both old and new (BRASS)
#6 I met a pile of new and interesting people
#7 I got to speak to many of my old friends, buddies and cronies

I think that there are a number of things that could be improved for the next time around.
#1 The venue. It was far too small for the amount of visitors in attendance. I really felt sorry for the poor folks in wheelchairs or those with strollers for young children. You could see the frustration on their faces as they attempted to negotiate the narrow, over crowded aisles. A new place needs to be found. In the organizers' defense, perhaps they didn't know how big or popular this event was going to be.
#2 I got there at 9:45 and there was no parking to be found. The parking attendants were less than friendly and less than helpful. I had to ask 3 different attendants where I could park & only one had a clue. There were far too few handicapped spots available.
#3 To my reckoning there were few fish or plant vendors there (Aquatic Kingdom + one or two others)
#4 The auctioneer was terrible. He was slow and knew nothing about that which he was selling. They would have been far better off sticking to their original plan of having Bob and Udo doing the auctioneering. I was there for 10 minutes and got bored sitting there listening to dead air. The folks behind the curtain did the very best they could but that auctioneer was of no use to the buyers at all. As one friend said to me, "He spent all his time going, Ok $50.00 humina-humina- yada-yada-yada-yada We've got 50 humina-humina- yada-yada-yada-yada etc. No description, no nothing....just a constant drone of meaningless nothing" Not my words, someone else's.

But, will I go next time this comes to town YOU BET!!! I'LL BE THERE WITH BELLS ON
Jim
altum is offline   Reply With Quote