DRAS Aquariama April 7 - Page 2 - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > GREATER TORONTO AREA MARKETPLACE > GTA CLUBS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Old 04-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #11
BillD
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (1)
BillD is a splendid one to behold BillD is a splendid one to behold

There are a few more, before summer. Sarnia April 13, and London May 5th. As well, regular meetings have auctions, albeit on a smaller scale. DRAS has a meeting tonight.
BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2013, 12:03 PM   #12
kaitlyn19
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (2)
kaitlyn19 will become famous soon enough

Yeah I know about those auctions but there so far away I live north of the city. Was about a hour and a but drive to the DRAS one. But I am currently breeding German Blues and in a few weeks my Apistogrammas will be ready so im hoping to have a nice lot for oktoberfish this year. I am willing to drive about 2 hours in either direction for shows and auctions. Londons not so bad so I may end up checking that one out. I do like to grow my fish until they get colour first as they go for more. I have been thinking about a DRAS membership though because I cannot seem to find a good club where I live (Gilford) which is in between barrie and Newmarket. I recall there being one closer before oktoberfish but I forget where.. perhaps Hamilton..

Me and my husband are really starting to grow our fish hobby. This was actually our first auction. We brought our angels and some cash to see what it was all about. Our fish sold for more then we thought they would, I believe we had the only blue angel in the whole show, went for $19. Freeing up some room for more apisto's. Was a great experience, met some great people and found out about some more awesome shops around the GTA. We really want to get out there and be apart of this great community of fish lovers
kaitlyn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #13
Spicoli
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (27)
Spicoli is a glorious beacon of light

Did you and the husband buy an orange discus?
Spicoli is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #14
kaitlyn19
Devoted Member

No, we actually didn't end up buying any fish. The only apistogrammas there went for a little too much then we wanted. We ended up leaving at about 1 because the things we were interested in went by by then and all of our stuff was sold. We bought some plants, food, things for filters and snails. I think we were the only bidders on the snails, which was nice cause we have a few puffers. We sold the domestic silver angel, a black angel and the blue angel. So much fun and also hard to see the fishies go! We had them for 2 years.
We ended up going to that greenhouse type place at hwy 40 and major mac on the way home. It was the place the lady with the mosses came from. They had a GREAT selection of fish. We ended up buying some more moss and a male german blue ram. Fair prices and nice fish, I recommend it to anyone.

We sat in the second row from the front, right in the middle. Behind the lady with the crazy hair colour lol
Old 04-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #15
charlie1
Devoted Member

charlie1 is on a distinguished road

It was a great day, it made the journey from Ottawa well worth it, although i did not buy anything at the auction, i was able to get some much needed supplies from Angelfins ( nice to see you again 2x in one month )
Also a pleasure meeting old friends & making new ones.
Regards
charlie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #16
charlie1
Devoted Member

charlie1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitlyn19 View Post
Lol same here! Back of head picture. Was a great time and yes money does go quick. Cant believe we have to wait another year . They should have summer, fall and winter auctions!
I hear you.
Plan your vacation in March next year & come to the Nations Capital , we will have one to help you get your fix
http://ovas.ca/forum/index.php?board=88.0
Regards
charlie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #17
kaitlyn19
Devoted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie1 View Post
I hear you.
Plan your vacation in March next year & come to the Nations Capital , we will have one to help you get your fix
http://ovas.ca/forum/index.php?board=88.0
Regards
Wow that's a far drive but funny that you commented because ive been actually wanted to drive down to Ottawa sometime! Its been a while and its not to bad of a drive but the problem was I didn't know what to do other then visit the parliament buildings and that street market. This gives me something to do :P I might just come down
Old 04-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #18
kaitlyn19
Devoted Member

Why do all the auctions seem to be in the spring? Like almost the same weekends? Except oktoberfish of course
Old 04-10-2013, 12:37 AM   #19
fishead
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (16)
fishead has a spectacular aura about

PRAC(Brampton) is in the fall and last year we had a great auction. Best one in years. I even bought some Apistos at that one. Couldn't resist on the pair of Tris. There is usually about 5 auctions/shows in the spring and 5 in fall.
fishead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:43 AM   #20
bettaforu
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (49)
bettaforu has a spectacular aura about

Hamilton and St Catherines are both in the Fall as well as Brampton and then the final one I believe will be Octoberfish.