Feedback on my betta setup? - Page 4 - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > FRESHWATER > Beginner's Circle
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Beginner's Circle This forum is dedicated to helping people new to the hobby. If you need help, this is your starting point.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:01 PM   #31
housebatbetta

Feedback Score: (8)
housebatbetta is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by malajulinka View Post
The most important part, though: I edged them in black duct tape because I am hella klassy like that.
Bahaha XD

If there are 1-inch or 3/4-inch gaps at the front and back of the tank, is that enough room for the filter/heater cord and air to get at the surface while still discouraging jumping? Or is it kind of a cross your fingers and hope it works out fine type of thing?
housebatbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2013, 11:29 PM   #32
malajulinka
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (29)
malajulinka is on a distinguished road

Mine comes all the way to the front, but is 2" narrower than the tank so all the hardware just fits in the back 2" gap. I feed through the back gap too - the fish don't seem to care.

I've never had any jumpers, but I keep neons, pencilfish, rams, and plecos, and have lots of floating plants. I kind of figure they'd have to have *really* good aim to make it through the gap specifically.
malajulinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #33
housebatbetta

Feedback Score: (8)
housebatbetta is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by malajulinka View Post
Mine comes all the way to the front, but is 2" narrower than the tank so all the hardware just fits in the back 2" gap. I feed through the back gap too - the fish don't seem to care.

I've never had any jumpers, but I keep neons, pencilfish, rams, and plecos, and have lots of floating plants. I kind of figure they'd have to have *really* good aim to make it through the gap specifically.
When I get a bit of time I'm definitely looking into this kind of lid for both my tanks.

I'll probably remove the lids to feed so that I don't accidentally train my betta to have aim that good. :P
housebatbetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2013, 10:42 PM   #34
malajulinka
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (29)
malajulinka is on a distinguished road

Yeah, with your light set-up it would be easy to just lift the glass off. I've got two ten-gallon light hoods sitting on top of mine on the 30 gallon - ghetto all the way, baby. I mean, DIY of course.
malajulinka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta , freshwater , low light , nano tank , planted tank