Any Oddball Club? - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > GREATER TORONTO AREA MARKETPLACE > GTA CLUBS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 12:32 AM   #1
bigfishy
Datnoid's faN

Feedback Score: (113)
bigfishy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Any Oddball Club?

Any oddball club out there???

Just wondering!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2009, 07:18 PM   #2
shark
Wildlife Warrior

Feedback Score: (13)
shark is on a distinguished road

i am down for that i love the large oddball fish
Old 09-13-2009, 12:45 AM   #3
BillD
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (1)
BillD is a splendid one to behold BillD is a splendid one to behold

It is hard enough to keep a general aquarium club going. I can't imagine what it would be like to have a club where, you could have no 2 members keeping the same fish.

Old 12-13-2009, 02:55 AM   #4
blackninja
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (0)
blackninja can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfishy View Post
Any oddball club out there???

Just wondering!

You must be referring to oddball members in your quest for oddball clubs? The term oddball is generally used to define a person with an unusual or odd personality. So an oddball club is where you would find them.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:37 AM   #5
bigfishy
Datnoid's faN

Feedback Score: (113)
bigfishy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackninja View Post
You must be referring to oddball members in your quest for oddball clubs? The term oddball is generally used to define a person with an unusual or odd personality. So an oddball club is where you would find them.
NO! I am referring to oddball fish keepers, where people kept rare exotic fish.

Old 12-13-2009, 10:03 AM   #6
blackninja
Devoted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfishy View Post
NO! I am referring to oddball fish keepers, where people kept rare exotic fish.

When you say oddball fish keepers it is pointing to the fish keeper as the oddball. Eg. Crazy fish keepers does not mean people who keep crazy fish but crazy people who keep fish. You are correct when you said "where people kept rare exotic fish" or you could say keepers of odd fish.
It is important to say it right so your quest for oddball clubs returns the appropriate response. So an oddball club is a club for oddballs and quite possibly some oddballs members might be fish keepers or even oddball keepers of odd fish or even rare exotic fish among other things. You might even find oddballs in a normal club. Are you looking for odd fish or oddball clubs?
Old 12-13-2009, 10:57 AM   #7
h_s

Quote:
When you say oddball fish keepers it is pointing to the fish keeper as the oddball. Eg. Crazy fish keepers does not mean people who keep crazy fish but crazy people who keep fish. You are correct when you said "where people kept rare exotic fish" or you could say keepers of odd fish.
It is important to say it right so your quest for oddball clubs returns the appropriate response. So an oddball club is a club for oddballs and quite possibly some oddballs members might be fish keepers or even oddball keepers of odd fish or even rare exotic fish among other things. You might even find oddballs in a normal club. Are you looking for odd fish or oddball clubs?
best post ever Vince.....

I can picture a basement in a library where a bunch of people with various quirks meet once a month to discuss things about fish.

Old 12-13-2009, 01:05 PM   #8
Marowana
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (5)
Marowana is on a distinguished road

Quote:

do you really think he is looking for people who are oddballs?
Old 12-13-2009, 01:45 PM   #9
blackninja
Devoted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marowana View Post
do you really think he is looking for people who are oddballs?
What do you think? Here is his question again. "Any oddball club out there???"

Does that sound like he is looking for an empty oddball club or a club full of people who are oddballs. Notice there were no fish mentioned so it is odd that some people thought he was looking for oddball fish when it is clearly asked "Any oddball club out there." I think if he was looking for oddball people he might have already found them from their odd response to his question...
Old 12-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #10
blackninja
Devoted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_s View Post
best post ever Vince.....

I can picture a basement in a library where a bunch of people with various quirks meet once a month to discuss things about fish.
Sounds like a reasonable take on the question asked. I just find it odd that bigfishy in one post is looking for help "Help me to be a better person." and in this thread looking for a club full of oddballs. Does that seem a bit odd to you he is "looking for love in all the wrong places."
Closed Thread