Any Oddball Club? - Page 3 - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > GREATER TORONTO AREA MARKETPLACE > GTA CLUBS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 07:08 PM   #21
blackninja
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (0)
blackninja can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_s View Post
This is a clear example of an ambiguity leading to misunderstanding. As so often is the case on internet forums; even if the question's meaning is clear to the one posing it, phrasing it in such ambiguous wording can lead to the exchange that has transpired here.

One shouldn't assume that another will know what you mean, even when the forum is broadly based on a particular interest.

If I were an outsider with only a slight interest in fish, to see the question, even knowing that the website was based on aquariums and fish might not know what an "oddball" is and seem it quite strange for someone to ask about a club for oddballs. Don't assume that people on a fish forum know all of the terminology or acronyms. Be clear!

..... and then there are those that like to nitpick
So how does a new comer like me deal with such members? Those that are ambiguous and the nitpickers. I would like to meet the normal members.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2009, 04:10 AM   #22
Byronicle
Fish Are Friends Not Food

Feedback Score: (33)
Byronicle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackninja View Post
I don't think anyone would want to argue with you because you might spring up another "I am a VICTIM" thread and start advertising for oddball muscular types as in your other thread " Originally Posted by bigfishy View Post
Any big MUSCULAR guys or tall or SCARY person that want to help me out???"
No need to get upset. You asked for help earlier and we just want to make sure we understand what you are really looking for and oddball clubs may be too dangerous for a little fella.
yea you are kind of pushing it there blackninja, well you pushed it way beyond the limit after you mentioned the other threads...

Quote:

..... and then there are those that like to nitpick
there is nitpicking and there is teenage girl cyber bullying...i think what is also going on here is the latter of the two

Quote:
So how does a new comer like me deal with such members? Those that are ambiguous and the nitpickers. I would like to meet the normal members.
yes we get it, he made an honest mistake but at this point you are beating a dead horse. You pointed out a fault, good for you, maybe you deserve a medal, maybe you deserve something else. I just do not understand, what are you trying to achieve? what are you trying to get out of this? just don't think it is normal to tease somebody over a fish forum, in fact it is a form of insecurity and quite questionable and odd therefore...

I nominate Blackninja as President of the Oddball Club! I am not trying to "nitpick" you blackninja, its just that it is bizarre how you are behaving and the sad this is I do not think you realize it :S

To bigfishy:
the first thing i did think was an fish club with oddball species, since you made the thread in the GTA fish club section so it only made sense...
but there will not be an Oddball Fish Club...i just do not think the availability for oddball fish make it realistic and it is pretty hard to have a typical fish club running

i wouldn't be surprise if this thread gets closed just because somebody's immaturity level is at an all time high

Last edited by Byronicle; 12-14-2009 at 04:27 AM..
Old 12-14-2009, 10:03 AM   #23
h_s

The blackninja is infamous on another forum (some of you may know) for stirring things up needlessly. It got him suspended.

time to lock this one (Eric, Jess)

Old 12-14-2009, 10:37 AM   #24
blackninja
Devoted Member

Quote:
best post ever Vince.....

I can picture a basement in a library where a bunch of people with various quirks meet once a month to discuss things about fish.
How does a comment like best post ever suddenly turn to H_S in quotes. "The blackninja is infamous on another forum (some of you may know) for stirring things up needlessly. It got him suspended.

time to lock this one (Eric, Jess)"

Very odd this sudden change H_S !! and we are on topic for oddball clubs so why deny someone his request.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:45 AM   #25
Byronicle

Quote:
How does a comment like best post ever suddenly turn to H_S in quotes. "The blackninja is infamous on another forum (some of you may know) for stirring things up needlessly. It got him suspended.

time to lock this one (Eric, Jess)"

Very odd this sudden change H_S !! and we are on topic for oddball clubs so why deny someone his request.
because you first post was funny, but after that you just overdid it and now you are not acting like a secretive "blackninja". You are acting like an attention sponge. Can I suggest the name changed to pinkbarbie? I think it is a better fit than blackninja
Old 12-14-2009, 10:57 AM   #26
blackninja
Devoted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
yea you are kind of pushing it there blackninja, well you pushed it way beyond the limit after you mentioned the other threads...

there is nitpicking and there is teenage girl cyber bullying...i think what is also going on here is the latter of the two

yes we get it, he made an honest mistake but at this point you are beating a dead horse. You pointed out a fault, good for you, maybe you deserve a medal, maybe you deserve something else. I just do not understand, what are you trying to achieve? what are you trying to get out of this? just don't think it is normal to tease somebody over a fish forum, in fact it is a form of insecurity and quite questionable and odd therefore...

I nominate Blackninja as President of the Oddball Club! I am not trying to "nitpick" you blackninja, its just that it is bizarre how you are behaving and the sad this is I do not think you realize it :S

To bigfishy:
the first thing i did think was an fish club with oddball species, since you made the thread in the GTA fish club section so it only made sense...
but there will not be an Oddball Fish Club...i just do not think the availability for oddball fish make it realistic and it is pretty hard to have a typical fish club running

i wouldn't be surprise if this thread gets closed just because somebody's immaturity level is at an all time high
It is a mature person who admits there is ambiguity and seeks clarification. Take for example the question "Any gay club? even if it is posted in a fish forum. How does one interpret the question. I did not suggest it was a mistake, all I asked was clarification. To say I crossed the line by mentioning other threads by the poster. How do you account for post here that go even further by mentioning other forums I belonged to not even associated with GTA. I feel it is derogatory to call some fish oddballs on a fish forum. Odd again here no one found that offensive.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:05 AM   #27
Byronicle

Quote:
It is a mature person who admits there is ambiguity and seeks clarification. Take for example the question "Any gay club? even if it is posted in a fish forum. How does one interpret the question. I did not suggest it was a mistake, all I asked was clarification. To say I crossed the line by mentioning other threads by the poster. How do you account for post here that go even further by mentioning other forums I belonged to not even associated with GTA. I feel it is derogatory to call some fish oddballs on a fish forum. Odd again here no one found that offensive.
yes you got that clarification early but after you kept going on and on and on...you knew what he meant, don't act stupid because then you are really living up to becoming the pinkbarbie. Seriously I don't think a student should be telling you to grow up.

when you mentioned other threads that bigfishy posted, that became personal insults which was uncalled for.

let's not get upset now.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:38 AM   #28
blackninja
Devoted Member

Quote:
yes you got that clarification early but after you kept going on and on and on...you knew what he meant, don't act stupid because then you are really living up to becoming the pinkbarbie. Seriously I don't think a student should be telling you to grow up.

when you mentioned other threads that bigfishy posted, that became personal insults which was uncalled for.

let's not get upset now.
Just as well you are a student. You had me worried when you started thinking of pinkbarbies and teenage girl cybre bullying on a fish forum. Odd here bae post seems to contradict what you are saying. It is not I who gets upset but others when they trip. How are they personal insults when it is direct quotes from bigfishy on this very GTA forum. If people are insulted to have what they said read back to them don't you think they should not say those things because it can come back to haunt them. This is cyberspace kid.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:54 AM   #29
Byronicle

Quote:
Just as well you are a student. You had me worried when you started thinking of pinkbarbies and teenage girl cybre bullying on a fish forum. Odd here bae post seems to contradict what you are saying. It is not I who gets upset but others when they trip. How are they personal insults when it is direct quotes from bigfishy on this very GTA forum. If people are insulted to have what they said read back to them don't you think they should not say those things because it can come back to haunt them. This is cyberspace kid.
ok mr.pinkbarbie since everybody needs to clarify everything for you...lol i am a student of UofT telling you, an adult who is acting like a baby, that it is not normal to try and fill the void that once was your self-confidence through this act of immaturity.

i am done with this, if you're going to act immature and pretend like you didn't know what I meant by "pinkbarbie" and "teenage girl cyber bullying", or try and rearrange the meaning of it, or if you didn't truly understand then please reread it carefully, it is written in plain English. A kid in grade 4 would've understood who the comments were directed to.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:26 PM   #30
blackninja
Devoted Member

Quote:
ok mr.pinkbarbie since everybody needs to clarify everything for you...lol i am a student of UofT telling you, an adult who is acting like a baby, that it is not normal to try and fill the void that once was your self-confidence through this act of immaturity.

i am done with this, if you're going to act immature and pretend like you didn't know what I meant by "pinkbarbie" and "teenage girl cyber bullying", or try and rearrange the meaning of it, or if you didn't truly understand then please reread it carefully, it is written in plain English. A kid in grade 4 would've understood who the comments were directed to.
I have two boys in university one is almost graduating and the other is 2nd year UofT. One drives a BMW and the other just picked up an Toyota recently. They don't spend much time on forums nor do they waste time on fish. They are just too busy having fun. You might want to have some fun too.

Last edited by blackninja; 12-14-2009 at 01:04 PM..
Closed Thread