GTA Aquarium Forums banner

2008 Poster of the Year Contest

6K views 40 replies 14 participants last post by  twoheadedfish 
#1 · (Edited)
Poster of the Year 2008 Contest

Most of you might remember my first post. I was the guy burning his fish with >5 pH, .5 ammonia, with clown-puke blue gravel, and I was worried the roots from my fern were some sort of outer space parasite. How things change...

I owe my (as of yet, brief) success, enjoyment, and proliferation in the hobby to a couple of really great board members who post some incredibly detailed and patient advice.

It's about time someone got recognized.

THE RULES:

Any board member may nominate another by posting their name here. Each nomination must be seconded by another board member.

You can nominate anyone, but they must currently be an active board member. You may not nominate or second yourself (lol).

Nominations close January 31st with voting February 1st through the 15th.

THE QUALIFICATIONS
The person you nominate and subsequently vote on should be someone who makes GTAA a real community and a great place to be. They don't have to be the first to respond to a post, and they don't have to get to every post - but when they do, it's golden. Nominees should be patient with beginners. They should be the sort to post detailed, helpful post. Maybe they cooked up some meds for you, or taught you how to drip acclimate. Maybe they just continually cheer you up. You get the drift.

THE PRIZES ***update!!
The winner will receive a $50 gift certificate to the LFS of their choice. Woohoo! Feel free to add to the pot, just pm me. Thanks to everybody who's contributed, it's incredibly kind of you.

-------------------------------------------------
List of Nominees (as of 1/30/09 5:00pm)

Ciddian
Ameekplec
Calmer
Katalyst
Cory_Dad
Tabitha

See less See more
#5 ·
I'm nominating Ameekplec. His posts are awesome, detailed and straighforward. he's got a lot of patience and has provided meds to several board members out of the goodness of his fishy heart.

#10 ·
do you want me to pull your nomination? to tell the truth, i think you deserve to stay in the vote!

I'm also nominating Cory_Dad who routinely digs up old post that have been ignored and provides some great advice. Seems I haven't needed Cory Dad's help in a while, but I see his posts and they're incredible. And seconds out there?

#9 ·
Ameekplec for sure. The kindest person I have met on line.

#16 ·
ehhh okay LOL *huggles*

I love everyone.. O_O so its really hard to choose. I really have to bring up Calmer for being soo...dang calm. LOL he always helps out the new forum members in the beginers circle. He is very considerate and sweet. :3

#28 ·
I think I have a few endorsements. C'mon guys, just because I give you drugs doesn't mean you have to like me :D

On a related note, after killing an aiptasia in my reef, feeding some frozen mysis and scraping the glass, I looked down at the ledge in front of the tank to see this:

What am I doing again? I'm a reefer? What?

I think this thread just goes to show that we have a great wealth of friendly people at this forum that are there to solve problems and give input and give reassurances. Glad to be part of it all :)

#29 ·
your ledge looks dubious... would even be better if you had spilled some ocean salt there; especially with that razor.

#31 ·
Its going to be really hard to choose the winner... I mean so far, everyone nominated has been outstanding in his or her way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.