GTA Aquarium Forums banner

Project Blue R

5K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  Tamtep 
#1 ·
From regular OEBTs batch I purchased, Have been working on this selective project (since September last year) which I believe they are Blue Royal. Got some lost due to my lack of time but lucky enough, I managed to keep some in good condition.

Here's some shot

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't know a lot about shrimp/invertebrates, but they look very cool,, To bad you could not make them 5-7 inches in size for me :)

enjoy!!!!

#3 ·
congratulations...those look very much like Royal Blues. Once you get to the Royal Blue stage, they get denser in shell and you don't see the stripes as much.

#5 · (Edited)
Thanks bettaforu!! :)

they are actually have no stripes. From my experience They have very dark blue now reaching to adult age.
I got Some with Silver Eyes which I think they are pretty sWeEt!!

The second batch was born 3 weeks ago and I noticed some young already has developed blue.... I'm very addicted to blue color lately!! :)

#6 ·
Here are some tips in order to keep them in great condition which it works well for me:

Tank must be very stable,
Active soil ADA
Use RO water, Ph around 6.6, Gh 8. Temp much be 20-21C (to prevent bacteria infestion)
Water must be clean in order to breed...

Hope it helps :)

#12 · (Edited)
Here's an update of my latest selective Royal Blue shrimps.
As you can see adults are surround by babies born, most young babies have slightly blue cover already...

This is a my second batch, it's about 60 babies and more in this tank. Everyone is healthy and very active :)
My goal is to focus in quality as priority...

#18 ·
A quick update of my royal blue, just got back vacation. Many shrimplets were born, healthy and alive. They are growing, I rarely see any deaths. This tank is pretty mature, I dont maintain that much, just water change one a month...

Pics Taken with my phone though

Silver eyes

#19 ·
Damn some beautiful shrimp for sure!!!!!

#21 · (Edited)
Royal Blue

Hello guys,

Some of you might ask, how are my shrimps doing? :)

Well here's An update few shots one of my favorites Royal Blue Tigers, I was out of country for a while. Now I came back they are still doing great, very strong and beautiful, quality. Never had any lost in this tank.

Quick shots I took with my phone:

#26 · (Edited)
Recent shots

Got some time to setup my camera equipments. So they are better Quality than Phone shoots. :)
For those of you who wanted Quality shots, here are some Recent pics that I Took of my Royal Blue, they are my F5/F6, strong gene and healthy, breed pretty well and most are true...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.