Cherry red Shrimp hidding and not really eating all the time - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > FRESHWATER > Beginner's Circle
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Beginner's Circle This forum is dedicated to helping people new to the hobby. If you need help, this is your starting point.

Old 07-31-2018, 11:51 AM   #1
Mattyshrimp
Up-and-comer

Feedback Score: (0)
Mattyshrimp is on a distinguished road
Default Cherry red Shrimp hidding and not really eating all the time

Hi*new to shrimp keeping.* I have 4* Red cherry shrimp, i got them 2 days ago.* When I fist put them in they werr pretty active.* 2 M 2 F.* Water parameters amonia 0 water temp 22/24 degrees aqua clear filter 30 (i have 20 gallon tank planted) with air stones and filter on high 24/7.* I also have 2 nerite snails tha5 are thriving.

So 1 M and 1 F still eat alot and move around enough.* My other F And M just hide in the same spot for hours on end sometimes not even eating.* The M hides under driftwood and the*F in a tall ant at the*base but she like to be facing the substrate. Is this normal? I see them move*here and there and eating when out but*like mentioned they like to hide and not move for hours sometimes.

Its like theyre full and arent hungry so they just*chill.* The other two ate almosy always eating when visible which is way more often then the 2 that hide.

Im kinda super stressed any advice or help is appreciated*
Mattyshrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2018, 11:08 AM   #2
Black Pearl
Up-and-comer

Feedback Score: (1)
Black Pearl is on a distinguished road

I'd say, don't stress, you can't do anything anyway. Could be the inactive ones are simply old, or came up with a "cold". The other pair is active, so water has to be fine. I claim dibs on the first culling when they over grow the tank, if I'm right!
Black Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 11:10 AM   #3
Mattyshrimp
Up-and-comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
I'd say, don't stress, you can't do anything anyway. Could be the inactive ones are simply old, or came up with a "cold". The other pair is active, so water has to be fine. I claim dibs on the first culling when they over grow the tank, if I'm right! [IMG class=inlineimg]https://gtaaquaria.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
I will def let you know when that happens, right now one of my black and blye rilis is Berried 🙂 20180803_152222_1533391833472.jpg

Old 08-04-2018, 11:15 AM   #4
Black Pearl
Up-and-comer

Is that like a zillion eggs in her belly? She's gorgeous! Is she moving at all? Do you have an emergency "tanklet" to save the young?
Old 08-04-2018, 11:52 AM   #5
Black Pearl
Up-and-comer

Did you check the posts in the Shrimp section?
Old 08-04-2018, 12:21 PM   #6
Mattyshrimp
Up-and-comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
Is that like a zillion eggs in her belly? She's gorgeous! Is she moving at all? Do you have an emergency "tanklet" to save the young?
Yes it sure is , theres about 20-30 eggs, She is doing really well! Swimming eating and keeps rotating her eggs 😉