GTA Aquarium Forums banner

WC Tropheus Rainbows - Red, Blue and Purple & Ilangi. Pre-orders.

4K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  fishead 
#1 · (Edited)
WC Tropheus Rainbows - Red, Blue, Purple & Ilangi

I don't know why but the TITLE does does not update in the FRESHWATER LIVESTOCK page when edited but does when in the post itself.

Wild Caught Tropheus Rainbows and Ilangi straight from Lake Tanganyika.

Sizes range from 3" to 4". These are being sold in groups of 15 to 30 in approximately 1m/2fm ratio.

Chaitika Blue Rainbows
Lufubu Purple Rainbows
Kasanga Red Rainbows

Moori Ilangi

Rainbows - $38 each. Group of 30 is $35 each.
Ilangi - $50 each. Group of 30 is $46 each.

A copy of the Airway Bill from Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania will be provided to each buyer.

There are a limited number of groups available. For more or if you would like a group email gregclark1@rogers.com

If you don't know anything about Tropheus and how to care for them properly, please do NOT reply to this ad.

But you can start here:

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articl...heus_corner.php

See less See more
#6 ·
That's true, but there are also places that catch to order and don't have the facilities for long-term lakeside production.
IMO there is nothing wrong with pond raised fish, these are often as good quality wise and don't typically have to go through the rigorous anti-parasitic/anti-bacterial treatments that are often associated with WC fish.

#7 ·
I appreciate your input about lake or pond raised. All I know is they come from the same exporter in Tanzania that just about all Tanganyika Wild Caught that have been imported into Ontario in the past 6 months, including pingpongs mikulas, my Moba and mpimbwe, and ikolas trophs along with a lot of others.

Cheers
Greg

#11 ·
This is all kind of funny, I am selling Tropheus and getting all kinds of requests for other fish. We bring in what we know people want and can therefore sell. Right now Tropheus.

However, these requests are good and I am making a list. Keep them coming.

#12 ·
Interesting. Go to aquabid and see what Lampricthys eggs sell for. 75 dollars to 100 for 45 eggs. Trust me you bring in Lampricthys not only will I take some but I bet Ikola would take some and atleast a dozen more people I can think of. Just don't know thier handles on here. Besides Lampricthys are much nicer looking than any of those brown feeders for Frontosa. ;)

Good luck with the sale and let me know via PM if your supplier ever collects some of the really cool fish from Tanzania.

#13 ·
Besides your post said pre-order so that means you haven't gotten the fish in yet correct? Wouldn't you want to take orders for other fish to lower your shipping costs, custom fees on thier end as they use a broker, packing fees and all the other fees they charge? Need to spread that 500 or so dollars across as many boxes as possible.

#14 ·
fishead, first of all the Title it seems does not update in the Freshwater Livestock page, but once you open my thread you will see i have changed and updated the Title where pre-order is no longer there. there is a glitch with the software and i will make a note of that because now the title appears stuck saying pre-order which irks me.

Second, when ordering from Tanzania a list of what is available at a certain time is provided. I just checked and these were not on the past list. i will inquire about them as they are a cool fish and go well with cyps and shellies. the divers go to a specific area and collect and sell and then move to other spots and repeat.

cheers
greg

#16 ·
long time member of the AKA. Good luck with finding anyone with them. Only one guy I know of hence the quote on egg prices on aquabid. Trouble is you very often get all males or all females when you grow his eggs up. Funny how everone talks about the dead loss on Lampricthys but don't talk about the dead loss on xenotilipia, melanogenys and the like. They ship about the same. The companies shipping wild rift Cichlids have gotten alot better at shipping these fish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.