Do i need to reinforce this stand? - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > FRESHWATER > Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Equipment Tanks, stands, heaters, filters, and all your favourite aquarium hardware in one place. Discuss.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:58 PM   #1
Sam1
I'm New

Feedback Score: (0)
Sam1 is on a distinguished road
Question Do i need to reinforce this stand?

Hey everyone,

So we've had a 10 gallon for the longest time and now finally are moving up to a 29 gallon.

We got a used stand (pet-store quality) from a friend and it may need some touch-ups but seems to be in ok condition. They said they had a 29 gallon on it with no problems but maybe i'm just being paranoid but i feel i need to reinforce it.

So can anyone tell by looking at the pics if it will be ok or if i should reinforce? I was thinking i would also like to close up the back but maybe add support to the 4 corners inside and/or a top panel also. Right now it sits only on the 2 sides with no support on the back and front. Tank is a Aqueon 29 gallon glass traditional rimmed.

Any help/suggestion would be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180807_185421.jpg (109.1 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 20180807_150237.jpg (105.6 KB, 42 views)
Sam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2018, 08:54 PM   #2
brycon

Feedback Score: (1)
brycon is on a distinguished road

That stand you can get at Big Al's. I have the same type for my 90 gallon. Suggest you visit a Big Al's and see them on display if you're really worried.
brycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 10:00 PM   #3
itsmesiva
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (23)
itsmesiva is on a distinguished road
Default Support

Ideally all four edges have to be in contact with the stand. This was the weight is evenly resting on the stand. It would be safer just to get a piece of plywood to fit the top of the stand and place ur tank over the flat surface. Itís better to be safer than sorry