Losing interest - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > MARINE AQUARIUMS > General Marine Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

General Marine Discussion All things Salt.

Old 09-21-2020, 02:56 PM   #1
Whatever

Feedback Score: (1)
Whatever is on a distinguished road
Default Losing interest

I tore my tank down and offered it for cheap and nobody wants it. Its been a couple of months now and i have another system, a lot more manageable at 60 gallons but its just sitting mt.

Ive lost interest; i had a few disappointments lately. Lost all my Coral slowly over a year, battling phosphate issues; no Algae but no growth in my Coral

It seems like everything just withered away; easy stuff too like Zoas, Mushrooms and all my Euphellia, duncans. So much disappointment.

I really don't miss it, not yet anyway, i stopped listing my stuff, some quality pieces too, Mp10 with Battery back up and Rodi with booster pump, i guess I'm not ready to just give it up entirely.
Whatever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2020, 07:37 AM   #2
Whatever

An update, the 60 cube has been repaired. New back panel. It is now sitting in the basement full of fresh water doing a leak test. It's been a week i guess its ok to go.

I was thinking that the tank looks so good, why nit just set it up like that and never put anything in it and it will look great. No water changes required, no fish and coral to die, no cyano or bubble algae or apstatia. No fish foid to purchase. Its perfect.

Its called Aquariun Art, whats with these sideways pictures. Just when i thought that everything was perfect. Lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201019_184103_1603190134295.jpg (48.2 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg 20201019_184118_1603190148748.jpg (62.7 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg 20201019_184125_1603190167605.jpg (58.4 KB, 40 views)
Old 10-20-2020, 08:23 AM   #3
martelvis

Feedback Score: (0)
martelvis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
An update, the 60 cube has been repaired. New back panel. It is now sitting in the basement full of fresh water doing a leak test. It's been a week i guess its ok to go.

I was thinking that the tank looks so good, why nit just set it up like that and never put anything in it and it will look great. No water changes required, no fish and coral to die, no cyano or bubble algae or apstatia. No fish foid to purchase. Its perfect.

Its called Aquariun Art, whats with these sideways pictures. Just when i thought that everything was perfect. Lol
Yes, Aquarium Art can look very nice.. Maybe some nice rocks and driftwood. Wow. Cheers.
martelvis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-20-2020, 11:49 PM   #4
Whatever

Yes. Thanks for getting it, some drift wood and some nice rocks, hearing the water ripple and some music very faintly. Nature sounds. Might be on to something here.
Old 10-21-2020, 02:54 PM   #5
martelvis

Feedback Score: (0)
martelvis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yes. Thanks for getting it, some drift wood and some nice rocks, hearing the water ripple and some music very faintly. Nature sounds. Might be on to something here.
This set up will also allow you make decorating changes until you find a set up that says WOW. Cheers.
martelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 06:56 PM   #6
Whatever

Yes thats what I'm thinking, I'm going to glue my rock together or most of it.
I've been building structors of rock trying to find something really special, I've got a little over 100 pds of really nice rock. I did come up with something i liked but it only utilized 39 pounds. I'm taking my time with this.

At first i was gonna have a 35 gl behind the tank as a fuge/rock tank, running a line off the drain and having it gravity fed back to the sump to use the rest of the rock but thats not happening now. I just don't have the space.

So i will come up with something eventually, until then i have lots of other projects to do like Gravity fed ATO. I like this aspect of reefing. The planning and implementing ideas.

I really want this to be a special setup and it will be, no rushing. Thanks for your interest and kind words
Old 11-28-2020, 04:00 AM   #7
Whatever

Update
The bottom cracked on the tank and its history, taken apart and useing the left iver glass for projects. On to the next build. Maybe
Old 11-28-2020, 12:47 PM   #8
waqas_01
Up-and-comer

waqas_01 is on a distinguished road

You've probably seen this online before but on glass bottom tanks (as in no trim), it's mandatory to put a piece of foam between the tank and the stand. I used the 1/2in pink foam panels from Homedepot on my build.

You may already have it, in which case this info is for others.

Quote:
Update
The bottom cracked on the tank and its history, taken apart and useing the left iver glass for projects. On to the next build. Maybe
waqas_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 07:52 PM   #9
DaFishMan
Rockhound

Feedback Score: (22)
DaFishMan will become famous soon enough

I've been on and off with this hobby since I was a kid.
At least a few times I took a 1-5 year break. I'm like that with hobbies.

This time I'm selling nearly everything. If I get back in it will also be with a minimalist setup.
Old 12-07-2020, 11:03 PM   #10
Whatever

Setting up my 125 after xmas. Getting a primo spot in the living room, it should make a difference looking at it in full view. Changed out the sump for a more accessible tank and getting a steel stand made. Hopefully the upgrades give me a clearer insight.