Stupid move? or harmless for now? - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > FRESHWATER > Cichlids
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Cichlids Discus, angelfish, oscars, lake, african/american, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2015, 11:24 PM   #1
MBen89

Feedback Score: (0)
MBen89 is on a distinguished road
Question Stupid move? or harmless for now?

Hello hello

so here's the deal. I have a large tank which I initially put 50 African cichlid peacock fry in. They were very tiny but now after 2 months went by, they're getting pretty big. However, a few are still very small and they did very little growing (I am not sure why, do you have a clue?).

I figured maybe the reason is they're not getting enough food (even though I am very generous with my portions lol), so I decided to experiment a little and I caught one of the smallest ones; it's literally an inch. I placed it in my 45 gallons COMMUNITY planted tank... It has 2 small angelfish, 1 platy (saved it from my evil sister), 2 kuhli loaches, and a school of 6 zebra danios. All of the fish are bigger in size than the cichlid baby, and it seems to think that it's a part of the zebra danios' group. So far so good, but is any of the other fish in danger? Is it okay for it to be solitary and living with other species instead of its own kind??

What do you think?
MBen89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
african cichlid , community fish , fry , planted tank