on deaf ears.... - Page 2 - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > GTA AQUARIA > Site Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Site Feedback Comments, Questions or Concerns related to GTA Aquaria? Heck, even leave suggestions on how we can improve.

Old 03-28-2018, 11:32 AM   #11
Dis
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (7)
Dis is on a distinguished road

It's true. Now if I'm at a shop and trying to Id a fish or something I can post on Facebook and get a reply within a few minutes.

Mind you I still like the local forums but for some things you can't beat the world opnions that are on facebook

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
Dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2018, 01:44 PM   #12
VS_Admin
Administrator

Feedback Score: (2)
VS_Admin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1021 View Post
It's a pity but time to move on. I always see chat messages on tapatalk about people who can't get approved for registration.

Forums is old technology. People are on FB and there's enough content on there about aquariums to keep interested. If somebody has a question, they can get response from dedicated reef/FW (ie. reefcentral, plantedtank) and FB groups quicker.

Look at the design of this site. No update for years. Mod is talking about "server". It's a UX/UI world now. Nobody cares about server shit.
What would you like to see in the interface?

Also not sure why people don't care about servers. If you have the most gorgeous UI in the world but your server craps out at 50 connections you may as well be offline.

Kyle
VS_Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 02:11 PM   #13
solarz
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (59)
solarz is a splendid one to behold solarz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS_Admin View Post
What would you like to see in the interface?

Also not sure why people don't care about servers. If you have the most gorgeous UI in the world but your server craps out at 50 connections you may as well be offline.

Kyle
Probably because most web apps use cloud hosting these days...
solarz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2018, 06:22 PM   #14
VS_Admin
Administrator

Feedback Score: (2)
VS_Admin is on a distinguished road

There are a number of changes being done across our network including joining the Cloud.
-Philip
VS_Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 03:36 PM   #15
Jeepcarpenter

Feedback Score: (10)
Jeepcarpenter is on a distinguished road
Default on deaf ears....

Well I know since introduction that I have been rather worried about annoying people (if they use Tapatalk anyways) as my username seems to light up across the boards (would love to see the posts only get bumped by OP's), but I came here for a reason.
{Realized what I explained above is a actually tapatalk feature to make it easier to keep track of new posts that was worrying me, not the actual forum which acts exactly how I had wanted to.. bonus. So just tapatalk screwing me up.}

Yes I still search info from various sites and locations, and yeah I live far outside of the GTA; but wanted advice and community locally. Albeit I was not here in the hay day of this forum.. but to me it's everything I want, as I don't care for FB, trolls, and WWW.
I take everything I may find on the web and run it through a practicality filter before coming here and asking for advice. Already many in the community have been exceptional in welcome, personality, offering the help that they can, and even working amazing deals/trades/gifts.

I have never really used aquarium forums before here, always used friends and fellow hobbyists I knew, and don't trust most at majority of LFS; I really see no need to go elsewhere for community.
Yes the site could probably use some updating/upgrading and more new members, but that also falls on us as members to promote it to our aquarium acquaintances. I have already recommended to 3 others, though have as yet to know whether or not they joined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Jeepcarpenter; 11-04-2018 at 12:22 AM.. Reason: Epiphany
Jeepcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 06:30 PM   #16
characinfan
Eats plants too

Feedback Score: (8)
characinfan is a splendid one to behold characinfan is a splendid one to behold

FWIW I hate Facebook and use it only for professional purposes. I like the community here and like that my username is unique to this forum and not directly linked with my real life identity.
Old 11-02-2018, 05:40 PM   #17
garwood
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (3)
garwood is on a distinguished road

facebook sucks. Forums are way better. Lets make this one like RC people
garwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 06:42 PM   #18
Kooka
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (164)
Kooka is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepcarpenter View Post
Well I know since introduction that I have been rather worried about annoying people (if they use Tapatalk anyways) as my username seems to light up across the boards (would love to see the posts only get bumped by OP's), but I came here for a reason.
{Realized what I explained above is a actually tapatalk feature to make it easier to keep track of new posts that was worrying me, not the actual forum which acts exactly how I had wanted to.. bonus. So just tapatalk screwing me up.}

Yes I still search info from various sites and locations, and yeah I live far outside of the GTA; but wanted advice and community locally. Albeit I was not here in the hay day of this forum.. but to me it's everything I want, as I don't care for FB, trolls, and WWW.
I take everything I may find on the web and run it through a practicality filter before coming here and asking for advice. Already many in the community have been exceptional in welcome, personality, offering the help that they can, and even working amazing deals/trades/gifts.

I have never really used aquarium forums before here, always used friends and fellow hobbyists I knew, and don't trust most at majority of LFS; I really see no need to go elsewhere for community.
Yes the site could probably use some updating/upgrading and more new members, but that also falls on us as members to promote it to our aquarium acquaintances. I have already recommended to 3 others, though have as yet to know whether or not they joined.

I've been on this forum for a while now and have met a whole bunch of great people through it. Anytime I've had any questions or needed any help related to the hobby, fellow forum members have been more than willing to assist and spare some good advice when they can. You do find some douche-canoes pop up from time to time, but the vast majority of people on here are very friendly and decent. There have been many times where I have recommended the forum to others, and they have more often than not, enjoyed it.

75 Gallon Reef Display
Kooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:50 PM   #19
Jeepcarpenter

Feedback Score: (10)
Jeepcarpenter is on a distinguished road

Well so far, so amazing; from where I sit. I have had the pleasure of meeting several members of the community already doing trades, meets and consults and geez.

It's absolutely awesome to have a community like this to slip away to when I have the time, because years ago it was usually a whole lot of patiently waiting around for that one friend who was better experienced in that area to have the time to swing by and advise or assist, or doing the same for another. I still have had my fair share of mishaps and follies coming back but have been able to field them on my own as of yet. Saving my good Q's for when it counts (or when I've finally read at least 70-80% of the threads, instead of about 25-30%). But the people so far... This is an amazing community. To the point that I am already actively looking into nudibranch, cucumbers and such as the dark side beckons with every passing greeting and helpful hand.. far too soon.
Haven't even setup one good show tank yet, just jungles of chaotic fauna and relaxation.

Jeepcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 09:56 PM   #20
Ciddian

Feedback Score: (33)
Ciddian has a brilliant future Ciddian has a brilliant future Ciddian has a brilliant future

Awee tom... I know its been a change hasn't it. I think tom is just missing a bit of that nostalgia from when the forum was first created. He's been around for a long while and a bunch of you have for sure! I remember migrating over to this forum when an old hangout forum kinda fell apart one day.

That was before I had kids... oy... Wow!

We can always make this place tight knit again if you want too. I do miss forums and felt kinda out of the loop when I started my family.... So I totally do get it. I am the biggest FB user too but forums for me are still pretty cool.

The admin I think can start smoothing out the forum approval system and stuff like that. I don't even think the users have to post in that first sandbox type forum before being allowed into the rest of the place.

We used to have meet and greets, I remember having like four gta members come hang out in my basement because we got rained out. My first meet and greet was with Wtac, me and my husband at the three monkeys. lol

Now I feel like the newbie, so many new faces! I should really get meeting and greeting again for sure.

It'll be okay tom. <3

Where is your calimari? ~_^

Ciddian is offline   Reply With Quote