GTA Aquarium Forums banner

notclear's New Clear Tank

30K views 163 replies 18 participants last post by  notclear 
#1 · (Edited)
Finally I am back! After waiting for months for the new sump version of the Red Sea Reefer, I have just gotten a XL525.

Here is the stand I have just assembled:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Finish putting support in the basement:

Attachments

#4 ·
#7 · (Edited)
Yes I will try to update more often. Not much has been done, the tank is on the stand now.

I did replace the return nozzle with a splitter one.

Attachments

#10 ·
I asked around actually it is not really necessary. But as a precaution I did it anyway.

#11 · (Edited)
#12 ·
Brutes are perfectly fine. I would fill, wait 24hrs and dump them a few times with FW to get any plasticizer out. A few years ago I remember ppl were having issues using water from a new Brute can. After setting a few water RODI/NSW mixing and transfer stations and treating as such, never had a problem.

I would have put up jack studs as well to minimize "bounce". When you decide to finish the basement, you wont have to deal with sag and jacking up for a wall and level ceiling. Also if you forget to level the joists for a wall, you wont notice the slight sag...that would drive me bat $h!t crazy :p

#13 ·
Thanks wtac. Is just getting a glass tank a better alternative?

#15 ·
#16 · (Edited)

Attachments

#17 ·
Looking good

Looking good Albert...i see you used the Caribsea life rock as well...good choice...they give so much character and lot of areas underneath for flow..

#18 ·
Yes the CaribSea Liferocks are so easy to work with, highly recommended!

I have used one box each of the Shapes, Arches, and the Shelf Rock.

#19 · (Edited)
Canopy and side cabinets are in:

Attachments

#20 · (Edited)
Maxspect RSX LED fixture mounting:

Attachments

#23 · (Edited)
Thank you all for the comments and welcome back!

To prevent water dripping on the glasses while doing maintenance I have euro braced the tank:

Attachments

#25 ·
^ Yes I did.

#28 ·
There will be corals, planning for just LPS and soft for now.

#31 ·
The cabinets are definitely not built by me :)

Someone in MAST has become a handyman and he built them for me. He told me the most expensive parts are the doors especially they match the colour of the Redsea stand doors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.