Looking for piping for my overflow - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > GREATER TORONTO AREA MARKETPLACE > Buy, Sell & Trade > Hardware and Dry Goods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Hardware and Dry Goods All tanks, equipment, food, medications and the like go in here! :) Please fish related items only.

Old 06-01-2020, 10:07 AM   #1
Whatever

Feedback Score: (0)
Whatever is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for piping for my overflow

Hi all, I am looking for bulkheads and piping for my overflow I usually go to big Al's kitchener but they are not open to the public, why are all the other stores open but not them?
Whatever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2020, 11:49 AM   #2
wtac
Hunh?

Feedback Score: (5)
wtac has a brilliant future wtac has a brilliant future wtac has a brilliant future wtac has a brilliant future

For SCH40 pipe in white, you can find them at Lowes.

I don't know of any LFS in that area but I have a colleague that services aquariums at Google...that was a fun project.

He usually goes late at night when traffic is non-existant and nobody around. If you want, I can get you two in touch and go from there.
wtac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 10:16 PM   #3
Whatever

My area is an hour north of London, does lowes sell bulk heads as well?

Old 06-01-2020, 11:18 PM   #4
vincel892
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (11)
vincel892 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
Hi all, I am looking for bulkheads and piping for my overflow I usually go to big Al's kitchener but they are not open to the public, why are all the other stores open but not them?
Check out aquariumdepot, reefsupplies or aquariumsupplies online. They have bulkheads and more aquarium specific fittings. I went to Lowe's for my regular fittings. If there is something specific you need that you can't find, noble or jjdowns will have it

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
vincel892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 12:08 PM   #5
Jaysan
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (105)
Jaysan will become famous soon enough

you can also do curb side pickup at big als kitchner if they have the parts in stock
Jaysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 08:59 PM   #6
Whatever

I did talk to them as that is where I'd generally go, they said that they wont be opening to the public till late in june, the way my build is going I might as well wait for them,

Problems yes, I bought some wood to do a good for my light, MH has a way of spilling over into the surroundings, I'm going to try and minimize that.

I went to the local Rona for them to make the cuts, I could of gotten some kids to do it cause they cant use a measuring tape obviously.

Nope I didn't complain, just not me but I did learn a lesson, I,ll get it done. I have to find a place to put it in the living room, that means moving a chair to the basement, my wife doesn't like that idea. O well.

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll wait for Big Al's I guess.
Old 06-05-2020, 10:30 AM   #7
martelvis

martelvis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
I did talk to them as that is where I'd generally go, they said that they wont be opening to the public till late in june, the way my build is going I might as well wait for them,

Problems yes, I bought some wood to do a good for my light, MH has a way of spilling over into the surroundings, I'm going to try and minimize that.

I went to the local Rona for them to make the cuts, I could of gotten some kids to do it cause they cant use a measuring tape obviously.

Nope I didn't complain, just not me but I did learn a lesson, I,ll get it done. I have to find a place to put it in the living room, that means moving a chair to the basement, my wife doesn't like that idea. O well.

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll wait for Big Al's I guess.
Just a thought, for your MH light, because it generates a lot of heat, you should be making the light cover out of metal. I have used a MH light for my basement pond for many years. Cheers.
martelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 11:22 AM   #8
James32

Feedback Score: (10)
James32 has a spectacular aura about

I sell bulkeads I have 1/2" 3/4" & 1"
James32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 03:52 PM   #9
Whatever

This MH light does have a metal shroud and to stop it from getting too hit in the hood i have a fan that will remove the heat and the moisture, i also painted the inside with a good heavy primer in white that should reflect as well.