GTA Aquarium Forums banner

200 to 300 watt heaters for outdoor mini ponds

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  wtac 
#1 ·
just curious how long will these be effective? right now they do keep the ponds warm but when it gets -20 these heaters will crack right?

do i have until december?

#3 ·
Why Choose Circle City Flooring? We Serve The Greater Indianapolis Area. Offer Both Residential & Commercial Service. We Are Insured And Bonded. We Have Been In Business For 15 Years. Free In-Home Consultations. Warehouse Direct Pricing. Special Financing Available. Experienced & Professional Flooring Installers. Flooring Is What We Do Choosing A Type Of Flooring For Your Home Or Business Can Be Overwhelming, Especially With The Many Types Of Floor Covering Material And Styles Available, By Selecting Circle City Flooring, We Bring Quality Installation In A Professional And Timely Manner.

#4 ·
When I had ponds in my portfolio up to 2010, I used Laguna and get on average 5 seasons before they $h!t the bed. Danner, and the metal ones and get about 1-2 winters with them.

Not sure what are decent nowadays but depending on stock level, depth and prewinter prep, get the one that is donut shaped and drop an airstone driven with a decent airpump.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.