GTA Aquarium Forums banner

pygmy cories with discus?

6K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Dman 
#1 ·
Any discus keepers here have experience keeping pygmy cories with discus? Please share your experience:)
I have had a group of w/c pygmy cories in quarantine for 3 months and they have been debugged and are ready to be relocated. The hard part is deciding which tank they would be safe in. Angel tanks are out of the question.
I can add them to an established group discus tank or a discus pair tank. Both tanks have thin gravel substrate, potted plants, BN plec and cories.
Any suggestion/advice would be appreciated:)

#3 ·
In my 125 gallon tank i keep 11 pygmy cory with 5 discus with no problems, my tank is heavily planted with lots of driftwoods, i even keep, and breed with them bushy nose pleco, dwarf crayfish, cherry shrimps.

Sent from my A501 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks so much for the info, it is reassuring. What temp do you keep them at? I keep my discus group@ 84degrees but could gradually get them down a bit if needed.
Many thanks:)

#4 ·
I keep everything at 75,76 and they are fine, the discus are fine, very active, constant fins flaring between themselves, and my laetacaras keep laying eggs too, i think that this setup is quite stable, running for over a year now, is like a mini ecosystem.

Sent from my A501 using Tapatalk 2

#5 ·
Thanks for the info. I will bring the discus down to 80 before I add the pygmy cories and see how they do. I have some aneus cories in the tank that have no trouble at 84 but I have no experience with the pygmy cories. IME green lasers and pepper cories don't do well at 84 so I was worried:(
At least I don't have to worry that they will be lunch:)
Many thanks

#7 ·
Discus don't seem to bother anyone in my tank and I got it stacked full
7 small discus
4 angels
About a dozen different small tetras
2 albino paradise fish
2 gold stripe cories
6 pea puffers :)
And 4 different plecos

45 tall :S

Thinking of bringing some fish to the auction Tmr.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.