GTA Aquarium Forums banner

Return of My Pride and Joy!

13K views 59 replies 21 participants last post by  Roberacer1 
#1 ·
My Pride and Joy

Kumlin's Tropical Fish was born in the year 1999. We started out with Angels which I admired and enjoyed watching as a way to relax. Then, on one of my vacation trips, I was introduced to the world of Discus. From thereon, a new era began for Kumlin's Tropical Fish.

My name is Kumar, and I am the driving force behind my enterprise. In the intervening years, from Angels to Discus, my knowledge and experience have grown tremendously. I have traveled to various cities and countries around the world to learn more about the Discus business. I have come in contact with many individuals from all walks of life, with varied ranges of experience in what they truly enjoy as a hobby and/or business.

We are taking the next step into the world of ornamental fish and we are also expanding our horizons with salt water fish and reptiles. Our second location, called SEA KING AQUA PET, is a wonderful 2000 square foot store located at 2950 Kennedy Road Scarborough, two blocks north of Finch, on the west side. We will be opening our doors to the public in April 2006, with approximately 50 tanks. By the time we have our Grand Opening in May 2006; we will have over 250 tanks.

The Simply Discus forum, which had previously carried my thread My Pride and Joy, was unfortunately deleted off the site due to conflict with the site’s moderators. Because of this, over 500 beautiful photographs were deleted and can no longer be retrieved.
This will be my opportunity to resurrect My Pride and Joy on this new site, and I am proud to be one of their first Sponsors.

Attachments

See less See more
#53 ·
Thank you for the compliments. I am sorry to say that I do not have a store anymore, but I am now in the wholesale business, to supply marine and fresh water fish, including Discus, in most of Toronto. If you are interested in seeing some of my shipments, please take a trip to Lucky Aquarium in Pacific Mall to see my quality. I also extend my services to the above mentioned place. Should you require to meet with me, I will be there often enough, to meet up with you.

Kumar

#58 ·
Hey Kumar. I read the whole thing. I know what it is like to have had a store and not anymore. Has nothing to do with how well we take care of the fish. Or at least not as much as some people think. A tough business.
I saw in a more rescent post that you had some stock at home. Do you still? I am just in the process of setting up a 110 gallon and moving my Discus (2) into that from my 30. Will be looking to get more as I set that up over the next two or 3 months. I always go slow with these things. Love to find out what you have. Thanks.

Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.