GTA Aquarium Forums banner

1" ID silicone laytex tubing

3K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  nanoreefwanabe 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows of a local source for 1" ID laytex tubing?

#2 ·
hose

hey there this was a difficult hose to find in Toronto or hardware stores
I ended up ordering it from reefsupplies or brs I cant remember where I got it exactly from
u can try some beer making supply places but I think they have up to 3/4

#5 ·
Hose

Do u know anyone with cross border pick up...
See if anyone is doing a brs order and see if u can piggy bank off of them... chk reefsupplies and j and l

#8 ·
hose

u can try the beer making places ,I am sure they carry up to 3/4
I think I went down this road . doesn't hurt to re try , not many people in Canada don't carry the 1 in hose …...

#14 ·
Hose

Awesome.... well where did u find it
Local or had to order

#16 ·
Can't figureout how to post pics, but I haveheard zero luck finding1" push lock type fittings.

I figured out that the tube fit inside a 1" piece of PVC pipe if I ground the inner diameter out to like sch20. Doing soi was able to leave a 1mm collar in the pipe, and theni notched the silicone tube to have a 2mm wide by 1mm deep groove in it...I then cut the tubein the pipe, and then crazy filled the hell out of it... left it set for 24hrs. I can't pull the tube out of the fitting for the life of me. Right now thisis my only option ot looks like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.