6G Edge Reef - Page 3 - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > MARINE AQUARIUMS > Marine Photography
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Marine Photography Show us your stuff! Post pictures of your tanks here.

Old 11-25-2011, 10:33 AM   #21
ameekplec.
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (134)
ameekplec. has a brilliant future ameekplec. has a brilliant future ameekplec. has a brilliant future

I would be more inclined not to set up a drip based WC system, just because there's no way to stop it, just in case either component fails. Since youre going away for 3 weeks, just do a big WC just before you leave, and skip 2 weeks of WCs (happens all the time with me, even when I'm at home!).

It might require some TLC to get it back up to speed after you come back, but that's much preferred to a catastrophic tank emptying (for the tank and the floor) that could occur with your siphon and drip based system.
ameekplec. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2011, 01:20 AM   #22
itsru

Feedback Score: (7)
itsru is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameekplec. View Post
I would be more inclined not to set up a drip based WC system, just because there's no way to stop it, just in case either component fails. Since youre going away for 3 weeks, just do a big WC just before you leave, and skip 2 weeks of WCs (happens all the time with me, even when I'm at home!).

It might require some TLC to get it back up to speed after you come back, but that's much preferred to a catastrophic tank emptying (for the tank and the floor) that could occur with your siphon and drip based system.
yeah after playing around with dosing pumps/timers and working fail safes.. I think ill just stick to my ATO and hope everything stays well.. btw I cant believe how fast the anemone is growing (i've fed it mysis once!)

6G Nano Edge Reef - Shutdown
itsru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:35 PM   #23
itsru

Been a really long time, but here's a little cell phone video I took of my clown hosting!.. took three weeks -> in another 3 weeks they will both be moving over to my 25G Cube http://www.youtube.com/v/sTHwrxohdYY

Last edited by itsru; 02-03-2012 at 05:41 PM..

Old 03-11-2012, 08:47 PM   #24
itsru

Shut down the tank as of March 05 2012 all the livestock and corals moved to my Cube in my signature

Old 03-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #25
des
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (13)
des will become famous soon enough

I was hoping to see more updates on your tank but you've decided to shut it down

I still have mine running since October 2011. Here's a video I took in February and looks more or less the same today. I continue to do water changes weekly. It's my first marine tank. All is good except the stubborn coralline algae that's starting to appear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY7-h...dgOnX5c8WjU%3D
Old 03-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #26
itsru

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by des View Post
I was hoping to see more updates on your tank but you've decided to shut it down

I still have mine running since October 2011. Here's a video I took in February and looks more or less the same today. I continue to do water changes weekly. It's my first marine tank. All is good except the stubborn coralline algae that's starting to appear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY7-h...dgOnX5c8WjU%3D
Nice tank man! I was pretty good with keeping up with water changes on the Edge, how are you dealing with ATO did you set one up? I did a diy that Im no longer using and might sell with my tank.

Also that bio load would definitely require you keep up with water changes, I only ever had one fish in there at a time, Ive seen 3 adult fish in an edge as a safe max like what you have (2 clowns and a goby).

did you mod your filter? Chemi-pure elite changed my tank from ok to ridiculous but Im happy that Im done with HOB filters that can leak like the cheap AC20 the edge came with.

Tags
coral , edge , fluval edge , nano , reef