Selling jumbo yellowfin tang - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > GREATER TORONTO AREA MARKETPLACE > Buy, Sell & Trade > Saltwater Livestock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Saltwater Livestock Everything live that lives in saltwater for sale goes here in here.

Old 05-30-2014, 03:42 PM   #1
Up-and-comer

Feedback Score: (1)
416 is on a distinguished road
Forsale Selling jumbo yellowfin tang

Hello i'm interested in selling my 11-12" yellowfin tang (acanthurus xanthopterus)

The fish is captive raised and has been in my care since it was only a few inches long. It is now approximately a foot long

originally the fish was purchased as a bariene tang, however (luckily for me) the supplier accidentally misidentified it and sent me a yellowfin instead

Since it was raised in captivity it accepts a wide verity of food, it is also used to living close to other fish and I have never experienced any aggression or compatibility issues, even when kept with other tangs.
The most impressive thing about this fish is how fast and dramatically it can change its color

I looked online to see the general pricing range of this fish however since they are rather rare I was not able to find any others for sale, live aquaria had them listed a long time ago however they have not had them in stock for years, I looked at the pricing of similar tangs such as white face tangs and horse shoe tangs and they are in the 500-800$ range for the 8"-10" size, however I will be asking for a more moderate price

This is a very beautiful and rare fish, it would be a great addition for any serious fish enthusiast or person with a large tank
416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2014, 11:06 PM   #2
Y2KGT

Feedback Score: (53)
Y2KGT is a splendid one to behold Y2KGT is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation

Hi,
I know you're new to the forum and probably haven't read the rules for buying and selling so I'll provide a link for you.
https://www.gtaaquaria.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48321

As per the rules you must post an asking price otherwise your thread may be deleted. Please update your thread ASAP.
--
Thanks...Paul
Y2KGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:27 PM   #3
Up-and-comer

asking price is 350$

Old 07-10-2014, 12:38 PM   #4
Up-and-comer

here is a picture of what yellow fin tangs look like i will try to get a video up soon

Tags
fish , reef , sale , tang