Steel Rack/ Stand/ Shelf - Where can I find them cheap? - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > FRESHWATER > Equipment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Equipment Tanks, stands, heaters, filters, and all your favourite aquarium hardware in one place. Discuss.

Old 08-23-2018, 05:11 PM   #1
thezenmaestro
Up-and-comer

Feedback Score: (0)
thezenmaestro is on a distinguished road
Default Steel Rack/ Stand/ Shelf - Where can I find them cheap?

I need to mount two 10G and possibly another few later (max 4). Was looking at something like this:

Where can I find that cheap? Need it to be sturdy while remaining compact. Something which can house two 10G side by side at the top and another two at the bottom.

Don't want to spend 100$ on this so looking for suggestions.
thezenmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2018, 05:50 PM   #2
Nebthet78

Feedback Score: (1)
Nebthet78 is on a distinguished road

The best thing I can suggest for you is this one for $89.97 at Home Depot.

It has a 4000lb load capacity. But don't go too crazy loading up all the shelves with tanks.

The actual shelving also looked a lot thicker and more sturdy than a lot of the others for the same or more.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.3...000674333.html
Nebthet78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 10:23 AM   #3
thezenmaestro
Up-and-comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebthet78 View Post
The best thing I can suggest for you is this one for $89.97 at Home Depot.

It has a 4000lb load capacity. But don't go too crazy loading up all the shelves with tanks.

The actual shelving also looked a lot thicker and more sturdy than a lot of the others for the same or more.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.3...000674333.html
Thanks mate. Looks interesting. Little expensive since with taxes its almost 100. But surely I'll take a look.

Old 08-24-2018, 12:23 PM   #4
tom g
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (80)
tom g has much to be proud of tom g has much to be proud of
Send a message via Yahoo to tom g
Default shelving

kijjii u can often find them in the 40 dollar range if u are patient .

hippo tang , yellow tang, 1 damsel ,flame hawk (favorite ),watchman goby ,harlequin star fish (hides boring ) bi -color blenny,cleaner wrasse , bengai cardinal,twin spot goby, mandarin .
sand sifting star fish ,
elusive marine betta(MIA - shows him self periodically -boring )

in progress TBA.....project tranquility ............

90 gallon dual drilled tank with sump
vertex 100-in
2 - evergrow leds ,dual t5 48" aquatic life fixture
tom g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 12:25 PM   #5
thezenmaestro
Up-and-comer

Isn't there a shop or something where I can go and get it assembled? I don't need 5 slab arrangement. Two are enough for my purpose.
Old 08-27-2018, 03:36 PM   #6
martelvis

martelvis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thezenmaestro View Post
I need to mount two 10G and possibly another few later (max 4). Was looking at something like this:

Where can I find that cheap? Need it to be sturdy while remaining compact. Something which can house two 10G side by side at the top and another two at the bottom.

Don't want to spend 100$ on this so looking for suggestions.
I just built a custom stand to hold three 10 gallon tanks. Had to go custom as it had to fit in a small space. Went to Rack King, in North York, and bought metal shelving legs at $1.00 per foot. I bought these units as the holes are pre drilled, so you know the spacing is exact. I think they come in 8 foot lengths. Make sure you measure TWICE. After I cut the legs to size, I cut the shelves, four pieces, two sides, one front, one back, and then a piece of painted 3/4 inch plywood. Good luck.
martelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 03:58 PM   #7
thezenmaestro
Up-and-comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by martelvis View Post
I just built a custom stand to hold three 10 gallon tanks. Had to go custom as it had to fit in a small space. Went to Rack King, in North York, and bought metal shelving legs at $1.00 per foot. I bought these units as the holes are pre drilled, so you know the spacing is exact. I think they come in 8 foot lengths. Make sure you measure TWICE. After I cut the legs to size, I cut the shelves, four pieces, two sides, one front, one back, and then a piece of painted 3/4 inch plywood. Good luck.
Is there a pic that you can share? How did you end up spending? I really prefer going the custom way and pretty much what you did is what I intend to do.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:53 PM   #8
thezenmaestro
Up-and-comer

Finally I purchased one from Costco. Was a 5 level thing. Split it up into two. Gave one to wife to manage the storage and kept three for myself.

Another step towarda a mini shrimp farm. Now to find few 10G tanks for cheap. Have one and need that count to increase by 4.