GTA Aquarium Forums banner

What store has a good selection of lights?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Greg_o 
#1 ·
I'm looking for something small, 12 inches give or take for a planted low tech tank. I haven't bought a light in a few years, it seems the selection is still pretty poor in Canada. Anyone know a store in the GTA that has good selection for lights?

#4 ·
I have this light on my fluval spec V which is about 10.5 tall, My substrate is about 2" and I have the light sitting 10" from the substrate and my HC Cuba grows uncontrollably I use ADA Soil, pressurized co2 and daily fertz dosing. the ball park par level is about 35.

nicrew lights

I also have the 12" version on a 12"x12"x12" starphire cube that is low tech, it only gets fertz and liquid co2 once a week. There is only giant baby tears, hornwort, java moss, and subwassertang in there and everything grows quickly except for the mosses.

#8 ·
I have both Nicrew and JCAQUA leds and they appear to be made by the same manufacturer. Really impressive lights for the price, tons of growth and nice deep red plants.

Search for user JCAQUA on this forum, they were selling these lights for a bit cheaper than the Nicrews off Amazon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.