GTA Aquarium Forums banner

Incredible Aquarium

5K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  geonut 
#1 ·
Incredible Aquarium
2018 Mallard Rd, London, ON N6H 5L8, CanadaPhone:+1 519-471-8300

Have you been? How was your visit? Let us know!

#2 ·
Great shop, great service. Spectacular display tank and very well maintained livestock tanks. That place is indeed "Incredible". If it were in the GTA it would be my "goto" place!
(actually I have some great "go to" places here, so it would be another "go to" place for me!)

#3 ·
I have heard mixed reviews. But I would really like to go to this store but I'm under the impression that it's not a walk in type establishment. But more of a online ordering and by appointment only type of store. This kind of discourages me from pursuing the experience. But this is the same with any other online/ appointment type seller. There are a few on this site. I'm really not interested in making a visit an event. I prefer to be a looky - Lou, I might spend some money I might not. But with an event"appointment" I'm going to feel obligated to purchase something for taking up you time.

This has become something of a rant and I really didn't intent it to be so. But a suggestion to all you online appointment only places. You might want to have a monthly/weekly open house type deal where us Looky-Lou's can drop in and maybe even drop some cash.

#4 ·
When I was getting started I got a great deal of GOOD info. and bought a few of the things I REALLY needed from Bill. Never a bad experience for me. I believe he is open on Sat & Sun from 11-4. Ive always justed walked in. Never any bad attitude . If you are looking for something in particular , I would recommend contacting him first.

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
I recently ordered a tank (drilled), sump, plumbing kit, and return pump from Bill.

Everything had to be paid in full before the order was accepted.

After he delivered the above, he refused to plumb it for me (no reason given).

Unable to find someone to do the plumbing, I asked him to take back and refund me for the sump, plumbing, plumbing kit, and return pump.

Being the great guy that he is, he refused.

I will never buy anything from him again.

Shop is a hole in the wall.

#9 ·
Just out of curiosity, were you paying extra to have this installed?

*According to Incredible Aquariums website they do offer installation and servicing on aquariums. But they do charge for this service. If you asked him to do this for free when this is how we runs his business I can see why he would just say no.

Again I'm just trying to get to bottom of this situation because I have had great service from Bill in the past

#10 ·
Experience with IA

Thank you for your interest.

Yes, I was expecting to pay for the service of plumbing and installing this set up.

IA does state on the website that they do installation, which is why I chose to purchase from them. That and the fact that they deliver.

It was a shock to me when I learned that Bill would not do the installation.

I would not have ordered a drilled tank and the extra equipment that goes with it, had I known that he would not install, too late, as no mention was made of this when I made the purchase.

I feel that I have really been ripped off here, since not only do I not have the set up I wanted for saltwater, but I am left with equipment which I have been unable to return or sell.

#11 · (Edited)
At the time of delivery Jacqueline, aka geonut, did not order our installation package as she was undecided on when, where and exactly how she was going to use her new saltwater set up. In the weeks that followed we were sent nasty emails because the overflow box was white and she did not order a white overflow box and we were very nasty people for sneaking a white overflow box into the aquarium and taking her money. We did everything we could to help her understand that it was only a protective cover on the overflow box and were only too happy to return and perform the install once she decided when and where she was going to use her new saltwater equipment, booked and paid for the service. The installation was never booked with us.

… this was the email we received from her a little while later, June 6th.

Hello Bill:

Well, you were right - the white covering on the overflow did peel off.

The person who came to plumb the tank peeled it off for me.

However, I've decided to go with freshwater, so am having the drilled holes
plugge.

So I won't be needing the sump or the plumbing kit.

Would you give me a credit for them, upon the purchase of a 125 gallon tank,
and metal stand ?

Jacqueline

#12 ·
I have picked up a few things from Bill. I am SLOWLY piecing together parts to start a SW reef tank.

To be honest I was a bit weary of Bill because there were some negative posts out and about on some forums. AI is local so I went anyways.

Bill, on the two occasions I attended, was very friendly.

I am new to this hobby and Bill answered a lot of questions for me. I was a bit puzzled, Bill was supposed to be something other than nice/friendly, but I found the opposite.

Bill has a ton of really nice stuff at his store and I am sure running a very successful business. In my experience Bill was very accommodating to me and took the time to explain things to me.

Yes, he has some negative reviews out there. However, you have to realize there are probably hundreds of very positive experiences people have had with Bill that they don't type about on the internet.

#14 ·
Experience with IA

Bill has posted a nice, cleaned up version of what really happened when he refused to set up/install the saltwater system I bought from him.

My complaint has nothing to do with the white covering on the overflow, but only with the fact that he refused to plumb the tank, with no warning previous to the purchase that this would be the case. And his refusal to plumb it after delivery or to allow me to return the extraneous parts.

Yes, I decided to use the tank as a freshwater system when I had no one to plumb it for me. When you order a complete system along with the sump, drilled tank, plumbing kit, and return pump, and the website says installation can be done, it is not unreasonable to expect that a request for set up will be honored.

The tank was placed in the correct and final location when it was delivered - there was no uncertainty about where it would be set up.

I consider it very unprofessional that Bill has revealed my name on this website, instead of referring to me simply by my log in name.

Even if there were a few difficulties along the way, that is no excuse for this kind of non-service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.