Any Oddball Club? - Page 2 - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > GREATER TORONTO AREA MARKETPLACE > GTA CLUBS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-13-2009, 02:17 PM   #11
bigfishy
Datnoid's faN
 
bigfishy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mark's Ham
Posts: 5,031
Feedback Score: (113)
bigfishy is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackninja View Post
Sounds like a reasonable take on the question asked. I just find it odd that bigfishy in one post is looking for help "Help me to be a better person." and in this thread looking for a club full of oddballs. Does that seem a bit odd to you he is "looking for love in all the wrong places."
Dude! ARe you trying to find something to argue about?

If you have taken the time to read my "OTHER" thread, then you should've known the title is well suited for my messages...

Don't jump onto conclusion right away

This is a fish site, FISH ONLY! so If I said, I am looking for a S.Daemon and S.Lilith club. Does that makes you think I am looking for a cult that worship SATAN??? LOL!!!

By the way, S.Daemon and S.Lilith are Satanoperca daemon / Lilith, a type of rare eartheaters / Geophagus fish!

bigfishy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-13-2009, 02:44 PM   #12
blackninja
Devoted Member
 
blackninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 224
Feedback Score: (0)
blackninja can only hope to improve
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfishy View Post
Dude! ARe you trying to find something to argue about?

If you have taken the time to read my "OTHER" thread, then you should've known the title is well suited for my messages...

Don't jump onto conclusion right away

This is a fish site, FISH ONLY! so If I said, I am looking for a S.Daemon and S.Lilith club. Does that makes you think I am looking for a cult that worship SATAN??? LOL!!!

By the way, S.Daemon and S.Lilith are Satanoperca daemon / Lilith, a type of rare eartheaters / Geophagus fish!

I don't think anyone would want to argue with you because you might spring up another "I am a VICTIM" thread and start advertising for oddball muscular types as in your other thread " Originally Posted by bigfishy View Post
Any big MUSCULAR guys or tall or SCARY person that want to help me out???"
No need to get upset. You asked for help earlier and we just want to make sure we understand what you are really looking for and oddball clubs may be too dangerous for a little fella.
blackninja is offline  
Old 12-13-2009, 02:46 PM   #13
bae
Devoted Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Downtown Toronto
Posts: 932
Feedback Score: (11)
bae is a name known to all
Default

Some people just like to get other people upset. There are a lot of ways to do this -- one is to purposely misunderstand what the other guy has said and continue to do so no matter what effort the other person puts into explaining. This drives some people wild with frustration, and the jerk who does it laughs and gets a thrill out of it.

One of the people in this thread was recently banned from another board for this kind of behaviour. Note how this thread has been hijacked away from the original topic into a nasty game for one of the posters.

Don't give people like this their ugly way. Just ignore them, and ideally, since they aren't having the fun of getting people upset, they'll give up and go away. They can spoil the whole tone of a board, and people will stop posting and drift away.

This board has a good reputation as a place where people are civil and helpful and friendly. This guy just likes to piss in the well. Fortunately, people like this are warned, and banned here, because the moderators are concerned about keeping the discussions civil and helpful and friendly.

Bigfishy, yes, he is trying to get you to argue with him. Don't. Ignore him. He thinks he can jerk you around for his own sick enjoyment. Don't give him the satisfaction.
bae is offline  
 
Old 12-13-2009, 02:56 PM   #14
bigfishy
Datnoid's faN
 
bigfishy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mark's Ham
Posts: 5,031
Feedback Score: (113)
bigfishy is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackninja View Post
I don't think anyone would want to argue with you because you might spring up another "I am a VICTIM" thread and start advertising for oddball muscular types as in your other thread " Originally Posted by bigfishy View Post
Any big MUSCULAR guys or tall or SCARY person that want to help me out???"
No need to get upset. You asked for help earlier and we just want to make sure we understand what you are really looking for and oddball clubs may be too dangerous for a little fella.

Seriously, dont crap my thread

I put "EyE catching phrase" to catches people's attention to read my thread and hope they can help me out! Is that wrong to do so???!

Last edited by bigfishy; 12-13-2009 at 03:25 PM..
bigfishy is offline  
Old 12-13-2009, 03:07 PM   #15
blackninja
Devoted Member
 
blackninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 224
Feedback Score: (0)
blackninja can only hope to improve
Default

All we are looking for is some clarification on the use of "Any oddball clubs?" I think bigfishy was the first to show he was upset and I just reminded him he feels victimized every time. He does not need to especially from me because I am here to help him. We also have a thread on "Canadian Literacy Level" and it is in the interest of advancing what others found needed improvement I am being constructively self critical of wrongly assuming I understand what is being asked when it appear to suggest something else. So where is the provocation. I even used bigfishy's quote's so as to maintain the accuracy of his dilemma.

Last edited by blackninja; 12-13-2009 at 03:10 PM..
blackninja is offline  
Old 12-13-2009, 03:35 PM   #16
Marowana
Devoted Member
 
Marowana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 198
Feedback Score: (5)
Marowana is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackninja View Post
What do you think? Here is his question again. "Any oddball club out there???"

Does that sound like he is looking for an empty oddball club or a club full of people who are oddballs. Notice there were no fish mentioned so it is odd that some people thought he was looking for oddball fish when it is clearly asked "Any oddball club out there." I think if he was looking for oddball people he might have already found them from their odd response to his question...
this is a fish forum. just like when you see "Tang for sale" on this forum you know they are talking about fish
Marowana is offline  
Old 12-13-2009, 04:35 PM   #17
blackninja
Devoted Member
 
blackninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 224
Feedback Score: (0)
blackninja can only hope to improve
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marowana View Post
this is a fish forum. just like when you see "Tang for sale" on this forum you know they are talking about fish
Thats a lot better because when you say "Tang for sale" we know you mean tanganyika and fish from there. Oddball club for sale is not so clear and does not even suggest they are fish or odd fish. I was surprised too to read someone was looking for "Any oddball club there? on a fish forum. I recently joined GTA so excuse the lack of familiarity with your norms.
blackninja is offline  
Old 12-13-2009, 04:46 PM   #18
Riceburner
Want a pic?
 
Riceburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Hill
Posts: 2,607
Feedback Score: (44)
Riceburner is just really nice
Default

wow. This is the first time I actually looked in this thread. Even before reading it, from his title, I took it he was looking for ppl that kept oddball FISH. I would have thought it was a given...since this is a fish forum.... if he was looking for something other than oddball fish, then he would have had to quantify.
Riceburner is offline  
Old 12-13-2009, 05:09 PM   #19
blackninja
Devoted Member
 
blackninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 224
Feedback Score: (0)
blackninja can only hope to improve
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfishy View Post
Seriously, dont crap my thread

I put "EyE catching phrase" to catches people's attention to read my thread and hope they can help me out! Is that wrong to do so???!
You succeeded in getting my attention and there is nothing wrong with your EYE catching phrase....just a bit odd. So what kind of oddball club are you looking for? I want to help.
blackninja is offline  
Old 12-13-2009, 05:31 PM   #20
h_s
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

This is a clear example of an ambiguity leading to misunderstanding. As so often is the case on internet forums; even if the question's meaning is clear to the one posing it, phrasing it in such ambiguous wording can lead to the exchange that has transpired here.

One shouldn't assume that another will know what you mean, even when the forum is broadly based on a particular interest.

If I were an outsider with only a slight interest in fish, to see the question, even knowing that the website was based on aquariums and fish might not know what an "oddball" is and seem it quite strange for someone to ask about a club for oddballs. Don't assume that people on a fish forum know all of the terminology or acronyms. Be clear!

..... and then there are those that like to nitpick
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.